Tennessee flips 4-star TE from Oregon

We have too many 3* commits and zero 5*'s to finish with the #1 class. Our team power rating is 91.238. By comparison, Ohio State has three 5 star players and a power rating of 94.058. Even with David Sanders we can't make up that much of a deficit. Alabama has four 5* commitments and a power ranking of 93.985. They will probably wind up #1 when it's all said and done and Ohio State #2.

Like I said, top 5 in the SEC and top 10 in the country is still a great class and about where we should expect to finish year in and year out
I trust our coaches. Our so-called inferior star level players, well, WGWTFA on the field. We got the coaches to make it happen.

We have too many 3* commits and zero 5*'s to finish with the #1 class. Our team power rating is 91.238. By comparison, Ohio State has three 5 star players and a power rating of 94.058. Even with David Sanders we can't make up that much of a deficit. Alabama has four 5* commitments and a power ranking of 93.985. They will probably wind up #1 when it's all said and done and Ohio State #2.

Like I said, top 5 in the SEC and top 10 in the country is still a great class and about where we should expect to finish year in and year out
Yep. I should’ve probably elaborated a little more. Top class isn’t possible. We can move up or down depending on where services move our players; we had a top ten class earlier and after rating adjustment we dropped to 16 with the same players. My point is we’re winning more head to head big boy battles than we have before. I said 6-8th earlier this year; probably ahead of my expectations though at this point. Still feel like we will finish just outside the top five or so.

Yep. I should’ve probably elaborated a little more. Top class isn’t possible. We can move up or down depending on where services move our players; we had a top ten class earlier and after rating adjustment we dropped to 16 with the same players. My point is we’re winning more head to head big boy battles than we have before. I said 6-8th earlier this year; probably ahead of my expectations though at this point. Still feel like we will finish just outside the top five or so.
I still can't believe they stripped GM of his 5th star before the season even started! I mean, what the hell?? Did he underperform at some camps or something??

GM and Sanders will both be 5*s when the sign in December. We are on track for top 5!

I still can't believe they stripped GM of his 5th star before the season even started! I mean, what the hell?? Did he underperform at some camps or something??
Nah, he had an off day at one camp which Power was down on from that point. Also had a hand injury that prevented him from preforming the next opportunity he had. He also played on a team last year without much around him. It was kind of a known that he would be dropped bc of that. He’s still the same guy that Heupel and Saban (before he retired) both had singled out as their main target in this class. He will be just fine when Heupel gets him here.

I know I couldn’t have been the only person who was secretly worried about Coach AA ability to recruit at a high level when he was promoted from within. Between what was done in the transfer portal at TE and this summer landing two elite 4 star recruits at the TE position, CJH has proven to have a great eye for rising coaching talent on the offensive side of the ball. With the promotions of Coach KP and AA, I will no longer question any decision to promote from within going forward.

Reactions: Old Man Orange
I really don't recall anyone saying Heuple couldn't recruit. Most said let's wait and see.
He really needs to maintain this level or better recruiting to have any kind of chance
to get into the playoffs.

Reactions: WOKI
I really don't recall anyone saying Heuple couldn't recruit. Most said let's wait and see.
He really needs to maintain this level or better recruiting to have any kind of chance
to get into the playoffs.
Plenty said he couldn’t recruit when he got here. To be fair my biggest question with him was his ability to recruit. We’re seeing the answer now.

They dropped him after he didn't attend a camp. It's total BS but that is what happened.
He fell like 60 spots in the 247 composite player rankings. That was way too much. It's one reason not to get too caught up in this .... some of the reasons that good players (especially QB's) are substantially dropped in the off-season, seem to be vindictive. He didn't go to some camps. Wow.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The important thing is that now we are battling the top programs for players and winning some of the battles. When Heupel came here, he going against second tier program and winning. Then he went against top programs but lost. Now he’s winning.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
The important thing is that now we are battling the top programs for players and winning some of the battles. When Heupel came here, he going against second tier program and winning. Then he went against top programs but lost. Now he’s winning.
It will take several years of this for us to catch up talent wise with Georgia and Alabama. We are still way behind

Feeling a little like the good old days of 90's/early 2000's recruiting. The best things about JH recruiting is it's consistent improvement in talent build and not losing a ton of folks we want to keep...even w/ portal. SEC gonna be a grind, but it's feeling more and more like we can stake out a top 3-4 spot in SEC year over year, over next 4-5 years. Have to have the talent (w/ scheme) to compete at highest levels, and we're getting there.

It will take several years of this for us to catch up talent wise with Georgia and Alabama. We are still way behind
On paper. I’m not trading them QBs, WRs, DL. I’d trade them OL, LBs, and secondary. I prefer Sampson over their best, but Id probably trade them RB rooms

247sports

• National rank before commitments: No. 11
  • SEC rank before commitments: No. 6
  • National rank now: No. 5
  • SEC rank now: No. 4

On3

• National rank before commitments: No. 12
  • SEC rank before commitments: No. 6
  • National rank now: No. 7
  • SEC rank now: No. 4

Rivals

• National rank before commitments: No. 11