Tennessee football player Jackson Lampley files declaration in NCAA lawsuit over NIL

Doesn't look like it's going to be a boring off season. GBO!

Agreed however, instead of being able to focus on recruits for '25 and '26, we will be reading about NIL issues 24/7, as there probably won't be a lot of recruiting talk till this NIL BS is cleared up.

BTW, can the NCAA take away and or limit our NIL??

Reactions: Sara Clark
Agreed however, instead of being able to focus on recruits for '25 and '26, we will be reading about NIL issues 24/7, as there probably won't be a lot of recruiting talk till this NIL BS is cleared up.

Spyre and other businesses would have an immediate lawsuit if the NCAA made any attempt whatsoever to cut off their business.

NI

NIL is in no way affiliated with the university or athletic department.

That’s already settled. The entire crux of the Alston decision was that no entity has the right to limit the ability of an individual to earn money off their name, image or likeness.

I may be incorrect but thought I read something where NCAA said the NIL is for existing student athletes, not high school recruits.

I can’t recall where I found the article as I woke up in the middle of the night and read it before fallen back to sleep 💤 . He$$, maybe it was a dream. 😆

If that’s the case, then the NC2A will take this stance and state the “portal” is different since the players are existing students @ the collegiate level.

I may be incorrect but thought I read something where NCAA said the NIL is for existing student athletes, not high school recruits.

I can’t recall where I found the article as I woke up in the middle of the night and read it before fallen back to sleep 💤 . He$$, maybe it was a dream. 😆

If that’s the case, then the NC2A will take this stance and state the “portal” is different since the players are existing students @ the collegiate level.
NCAA can say whatever they want. That antitrust suit is going to hurt in the end bc this is clearly limiting student athletes in financial offers they can get.

NCAA can say whatever they want. That antitrust suit is going to hurt in the end bc this is clearly limiting student athletes in financial offers they can getwould like a few yrs where the administration can focus on building our program and the fans enjoy the season(s) without the drama.

I’m 52 yrs old but some of the 18-23 yrs old student athletes are concerned. They came to play for Heup and UT. They should be focused on academics and sport instead of dealing with this crap.

I got no stress on this issue. Maybe a little more negative recruiting by other coaches but nothing else. NCAA is upset with the collective business. Spyre is a stand alone company and can pay for a persons travel anytime they want. If they are dumb enough to call out more schools the list of universities added to the lawsuit will increase the war chest of lawyers going against them. I think they opened up something they wish they hadn’t and it will be interesting to see if they push forward or find a way to try and save face, while backing off.

Last edited:

Don't think so. Mizzou gives money to high school athletes, if I remember correctly.

That would be textbook tortious interference

So, how's the NCAA going to pull that off? If SCOTUS ruled that the NCAA cannot deny a student athlete the right to earn from their own NIL, how can they come in and say high school student athletes can't? Besides the fact SCOTUS ruled they can't, the NCAA has no control over a high school student anyway.

The major conflict, from what I've read, is the amount of influence the collectives have in recruiting to a particular school and whether they are treated as booster organizations offering inducements to recruits. This would apply to HS students and portal participants alike.

Reactions: DaddyChad

No, the plantation days of the NCAA are fast ending due to their complete ineptitude to adjust and incorporate NIL into collegiate athletics.

Reactions: NomadVol
No, the plantation days of the NCAA are fast ending due to their complete ineptitude to adjust and incorporate NIL into collegiate athletics.
Watch out snowflakes may be melting mad at "plantation". We know you were simply saying the old days of what nC2a said was the law and many cringed. They allowed this mess with wishy-washy rules that weren't etched in stone. They can't have it two ways. Reality will hit soon ,if not already, that they are running into a brick wall blindly evidently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mightyvol

Supreme Court said “anyone.”

Reactions: vol94

VN Store

Back