Tennessee is winning the Natty next year!!

Grey_pilgrim

Volnations resident crotch flea
Hear me out:

Last time Michigan won a natty was 1997, very hotly contested who was the National Champ between them and Nebraska. But for the sake of my argument, we’re going with Michigan.

1997 Michigan wins but as I said it was very hotly debated contested between them and Nebraska. The next year the BCS started and we won.

This year Michigan won, the FSU got left out which was hotly debated and next year the playoffs are expanding. This can only mean one thing.

Tennessee is winning it all baby!!

The recipe is:

Michigan must win the championship the previous year followed by there being some kinda postseason controversy and there has to be some kind of postseason change in college football. It’s as simple as that lol

It’s in the realm of possibility. The keys are:

Can we effectively replace Mincey and get better left guard play as well?

and

How well does the revamped secondary turn out?

With what we have coming back (mostly Bru and Squirrel, but hopeful for Thornton and Leacock) at wide receiver plus adding ‘Zel and Matthews, there’s reason to feel good about that room. Tight end could well be a strength with Staes coming in as well as a RS Sophomore Ethan Davis. Running backs are more of a question mark than they were last year, but I think Sampson will put in the work to get better in pass pro, and I like what we’ve seen from Cam Seldon. There’s too many solid athletes behind those two not to end up with an at least serviceable number 3 back as well.

On defense, we’re returning a lot on the line, our young edge rushers will have another offseason under their belts, and we should actually have the fantastic depth at linebacker we thought we’d have in ‘23. Pili is a dude, and I’m stoked to see what Telander and Carter look like as sophomores. Some quality depth behind those three too in Herring, Perry, and the incoming freshmen.

Hear me out:

Last time Michigan won a natty was 1997, very hotly contested who was the National Champ between them and Nebraska. But for the sake of my argument, we’re going with Michigan.

1997 Michigan wins but as I said it was very hotly debated contested between them and Nebraska. The next year the BCS started and we won.

This year Michigan won, the FSU got left out which was hotly debated and next year the playoffs are expanding. This can only mean one thing.

The recipe is:

Michigan must win the championship the previous year followed by there being some kinda postseason controversy and there has to be some kind of postseason change in college football. It’s as simple as that lol
A little early don't ya think? But roll on.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
It’s in the realm of possibility. The keys are:

Can we effectively replace Mincey and get better left guard play as well?

and

How well does the revamped secondary turn out?

With what we have coming back (mostly Bru and Squirrel, but hopeful for Thornton and Leacock) at wide receiver plus adding ‘Zel and Matthews, there’s reason to feel good about that room. Tight end could well be a strength with Staes coming in as well as a RS Sophomore Ethan Davis. Running backs are more of a question mark than they were last year, but I think Sampson will put in the work to get better in pass pro, and I like what we’ve seen from Cam Seldon. There’s too many solid athletes behind those two not to end up with an at least serviceable number 3 back as well.

On defense, we’re returning a lot on the line, our young edge rushers will have another offseason under their belts, and we should actually have the fantastic depth at linebacker we thought we’d have in ‘23. Pili is a dude, and I’m stoked to see what Telander and Carter look like as sophomores. Some quality depth behind those three too in Herring, Perry, and the incoming freshmen.
If you think about it, college football really just isn't an "out of nowhere" champion kind of sport. Usually you can see a program heading in that direction for several years before they win it. It certainly was that way with Michigan. It was that way with us in the 90's. We have improved but we haven't established that national championship inertia yet.

Last edited:
Hear me out:

The recipe is:

Something always makes next season feel like 98😉

Hear me out:

The recipe is:

That monkey is not flying out of my a..

I would hate to think that every time we win a Natty Michigan has to win it the previous year. I’d have to think about that trade off. Can we just win one regardless of who wins the previous year?

Hear me out:

The recipe is:

I don't object, but motion to table pending further review.

Does anybody know whatever happened to @WitchDoctor ? I think we need to consult the bones before we get ahead of ourselves.

I’d love to see it.

I’d feel better about our chances if we had Deon Grant, Cosey Coleman, Cedric Wilson, Raynoch Thompson, Al Wilson, Travis Henry, Jamal Lewis, Peerless Price, Eric Westmorland, Shawn Bryson, David Martin, Sean Ellis, Dwayne Goodrich, Spencer Riley and Chad Clifton AND Jeff Hall… I don’t see those dudes walking around here YET.

Looks like we may have the QB.

We are getting there - but it takes longer than three years to walk out of the woods when you’ve been walking into them for twenty.

I’d love to see it.

I’d feel better about our chances if we had Deon Grant, Cosey Coleman, Cedric Wilson, Raynoch Thompson, Al Wilson, Travis Henry, Jamal Lewis, Peerless Price, Eric Westmorland, Shawn Bryson, David Martin, Sean Ellis, Dwayne Goodrich, Spencer Riley and Chad Clifton AND Jeff Hall… I don’t see those dudes walking around here YET.

Looks like we may have the QB.

We are getting there - but it takes longer than three years to walk out of the woods when you’ve been walking into them for twenty.
Crazy how stacked that team was. Billy Ratliff, Travis Stephens... you could keep going. If you threw that team today, they would be in the playoffs and could compete with anyone.

Hear me out:

The recipe is:

Pump the brakes

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Hear me out:

The recipe is:

sober up

Here me out, until Tennessee has depth like the teams in the playoffs and the #5/6 that didn't get in they are not winning it all.
See Washington for example

VN Store

Back