Tennessee Marijuana Already Legal?

Vol8188

revolUTion in the air!
Someone help me understand, it seems we already have legal marijuana in this state. There’s countless stores across the state selling thc flower by the gram and thc gummies.

When did this become legal and how exactly is it legal?

You can legally purchase thc gummies and get high without any medical card or any fear of prosecution in this state (which I support) and I’m not sure how we got here

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Someone help me understand, it seems we already have legal marijuana in this state. There’s countless stores across the state selling thc flower by the gram and thc gummies.

When did this become legal and how exactly is it legal?

You can legally purchase thc gummies and get high without any medical card or any fear of prosecution in this state (which I support) and I’m not sure how we got here
Are you sure it's thc and not cbd?

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Are you sure it's thc and not cbd?

Yes, for sure thc and for sure gets you high. They seem to be selling different variants of thc (I don’t have a full understanding). Some are called delta 8 and there’s other versions

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I used to think these places were all just selling cbd for your grandmas bad back or something

It’s very confusing. They sell joints with Delta 8 on the sidewalk in downtown Nashville. My understanding is it is still illegal, but the DA’s won’t prosecute, so cops don’t fool with it now.

Reactions: Vol8188
It legal bc it's derived from Hemp which was green lighted in a farm bill

Interesting. So you can smoke thc from hemp, still get high, and our legal system treats it different than thc from marijuana?

That’s weird and I’m not sure people knew that when they voted for it

It’s very confusing. They sell joints with Delta 8 on the sidewalk in downtown Nashville. My understanding is it is still illegal, but the DA’s won’t prosecute, so cops don’t fool with it now.

There’s a lot of stores here in the eastern part of the state that openly sell delta 8. I think it’s more than just a blind eye

I gave it up years ago.
A friend told me the best gummies are KOI brand in Colorado.
Nashville made it clear a few years ago that they would not enforce state laws for a small amount of pot.

It is legal in TN and all surrounding states. Delta 8 is a low dose. There's a limit of 0.3% THC in these products. (Good weed can be 20%+). Still make most people feel good. Also, I don't believe it has to be tested. So, I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff out there.

Bunch of shops around here were raided a few years ago. They got off because it could not be determined if their products were derived from hemp or marijuana.

There's a limit on how potent it can be. And most people probably did not know

It’s interesting to me because it seems like we basically backdoored our way to legal marijuana. If you can go in a store and buy a hemp derived thc gummy and get high, then it seems there’s no material difference between that and a state where you can simply purchase a marijuana derived thc gummy.

Sure someone could argue “there’s a limit on how strong it can be” but for the end user it just means “take more gummies until you get the same effect”.

I’m conflicted. I think marijuana should be legal. But I also think we were lied to about the hemp bill.

It is legal in TN and all surrounding states. Delta 8 is a low dose. There's a limit of 0.3% THC in these products. (Good weed can be 20%+). Still make most people feel good.

And correct me if I’m wrong but you can still get a similar high despite the limit on the potency by simply using more, correct?

It is legal in TN and all surrounding states. Delta 8 is a low dose. There's a limit of 0.3% THC in these products. (Good weed can be 20%+). Still make most people feel good. Also, I don't believe it has to be tested. So, I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff out there.

Bunch of shops around here were raided a few years ago. They got off because it could not be determined if it was derived from hemp or marijuana.

Also some of this sold here in tennessee is advertising as over 20%. This is former VQ sponsor Smokey Mountain Organics

Reactions: DrRosenRosen
That seems a bit misleading to the consumer. THCa does not produce a high. It's the "0.3% real THC" that's making someone high. Of course, it very well could real weed. I doubt anyone is keeping tabs on it. Officially though, it's just THCa.

Reactions: Vol8188
I'm not sure of the science or legality behind it all, but I find the "weed" gummies you get in Illinois for example are no more potent than some of the ones I can buy in a vape shop in TN. Definitely got back-doored. Which it's all stupid, it should all be legal in the first place.

Bunch of shops around here were raided a few years ago. They got off because it could not be determined if their products were derived from hemp or marijuana.
I could be talking out of my ass so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't D8 just a different variation of D9 (marijuana)? It doesn't have to be 0.3 D8, it can be a crazy amount, it just has to stay under 0.3 D9.

Suppose you're right. Never dug too far into it but that appears to be correct.

I'll have to get some this week and do a test. I'll report back.

Nice discussion. Looks like the 0.3% thc rule applies to cdb products and is federal.

Then there's HHC..😏

Loo so is my assumption that this is mainly legally because most people who voted for the hemp bill had no clue what they were voting for and many still don’t understand?

I’d imagine a large % of the population still has no clue this is legal

Reactions: Zues1
Loo so is my assumption that this is mainly legally because most people who voted for the hemp bill had no clue what they were voting for and many still don’t understand?

I’d imagine a large % of the population still has no clue this is legal

Count me in that %.

Reactions: volfanhill

VN Store

Back