Tennessee Softball 2023

Watching stats and it was still exciting. We had our chances, but couldn’t pull out the win. Seemed like we had to depend on 2 hitters with the worst batting averages who struck out looking, and swinging. Another game to play today, so got to snap and clear. GLV!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
CSF has traditionally been a good program and I believe they are receiving votes in the polls, so it's not a horrible loss, but this is still a game that should've been won and it's a loss that lays squarely at the feet of coaching, as most of our losses do. Why the hell Simpson was brought in is beyond me.

Watched the Ladyvols in
person and on tv since Monica days. Two things I know for certain Karen cannot coach pitchers she has no feel for it. Simpson does not have D1 stuff. Watched her from close to home plate last year at home games. It’s not her fault and really she can do nothing to change that.

i can about guarantee Cal State will be giving some team a fit during a regional later in the season. they have legit pitching and just know how to battle at the plate. They really battle at the plate. Maybe not an elite team but a very good one.

Immediately after Karen’s mound visit Pickens gives up her hardest hit ball of the season. She has made practically all the mound visits if not all this year. Whatever she is as a coach managing the pitching staff is her worst trait. If she can’t let go it will be another early out this year.

I’m curious as to how many other teams you watch closely for things like this. Because in the games I watch, unlike in baseball, the head coach makes the majority of the circle visits pretty much across the board. If you watched any of the Clearwater tournament this weekend, Murph made every circle visit I can remember for Alabama, same for UCLA. Tim Walton has always made the vast majority of visits at Florida. I think if you look across the board, you will notice more often than not it is the head coach that comes out.

If there is something mechanically going on with a pitcher, you may see more there, but it’s rare, from my experience.

I knew this game would be a dog fight. Not that upset about losing but the way it played out. They have good pitching and not known for hitting they were real pests if you were watching.
I thought if we scored about three runs we would win. They have SEC quality pitching didn't think they would score much. The turning point in the game was when they pulled Rogers and Simpson then loaded the bases and Rogers back but they got two runs. I don't know if they get those runs if Rogers stays in but we will never know. Getting four runs off them is a fairly good day for the offense. They lose game like 3 to 2 and 3 to 0 2 to 0 never many runs either way. Only worry I take from this are we going to make Simpson our go to pitcher in close games when we take a starter out? That was the shock of the day. I consider her our fifth pitcher or even sixth if we have that many.

I thought if we scored about three runs we would win. They have SEC quality pitching didn't think they would score much. The turning point in the game was when they pulled Rogers and Simpson then loaded the bases and Rogers back but they got two runs. I don't know if they get those runs if Rogers stays in but we will never know. Getting four runs off them is a fairly good day for the offense. They lose game like 3 to 2 and 3 to 0 2 to 0 never many runs either way. Only worry I take from this are we going to make Simpson our go to pitcher in close games when we take a starter out? That was the shock of the day. I consider her our fifth pitcher or even sixth if we have that many.
i highly doubt we will be seeing simpson much more this season, unless we are up by a significant amount.

I’m curious as to how many other teams you watch closely for things like this. Because in the games I watch, unlike in baseball, the head coach makes the majority of the circle visits pretty much across the board. If you watched any of the Clearwater tournament this weekend, Murph made every circle visit I can remember for Alabama, same for UCLA. Tim Walton has always made the vast majority of visits at Florida. I think if you look across the board, you will notice more often than not it is the head coach that comes out.

If there is something mechanically going on with a pitcher, you may see more there, but it’s rare, from my experience.
Megan’s visit seem to get Pickens going. By the way I would love to have Murph and Tim Walton making mound visits.

My daughter and her family are joining us for the Ole Miss series 10-12 March, so I need 4 more tickets for the first 2 games. Before I buy them through the ticket office, I thought I would check to see if any fellow season ticket holders are not going to use their tickets for those games and might want to sell or give them away. If so, please let me know. Thanks!

We know about Simpson the staff should too.
Years before she arrived. She needed to move forward and gain trust, Karen only gives a short leash for the bottom rotation early. Either produce or get inning reduced drastically.

I think when Lair, Rylie, and (hopefully)Grace get healthy some of these positions will be hit or sit. Our lineup is a little forced right now.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Taylor for the year .364 and Destiny .176 Pannell .312. Think destiny is the weak spot in the lineup overall!
I still think Pannell is playing hurt from last weekend or maybe I seen something different from her holding her shoulder after the HR against Northwestern and again this weekend after at bats. With the injuries it’s opening holes in the lineup and against good pitch we get exposed.

I still think Pannell is playing hurt from last weekend or maybe I seen something different from her holding her shoulder after the HR against Northwestern and again this weekend after at bats. With the injuries it’s opening holes in the lineup and against good pitch we get exposed.
Yep i do remember her working out the shoulder and she will be fine i think.

VN Store

Back