Tennessee Softball 2024

Sorry if this is a stupid question but back in the day (10-12 yrs ago) when I was coaching a travel softball team we always carried at least 3 quality pitchers. Why is it that college teams, normally only carry 2 quality pitchers? Is it playing time? It just seems that any team with 3 or God forbid 4 quality pitchers are a shoe in for the WCWS.
We tried for three Karen couldn't find anybody in the portal to come. We'll have a couple of young ones next season so really need to hit the portal again if we can.

She complained about something all weekend. If she put that energy into real coaching who knows?

Her program has digressed in my view and it all starts with pitching. That pitching staff shes assembled the last few years has been complete ****.

She needs to do what Karen did and shake up her staff but I dont think she has the guts.

Versus Kentucky
Football 1 to 0
Baseball 2 to 1
Womens basketball 1 to 0
Softball 3 to 0
Men's basketball 1 to 1

Scorecard Tennessee 8 Kentucky 2
They hate us cuz they ain't us.

You could see how much Lube U wanted this game today. Makes the sweep even better. And spotlighting and yielding time to seniors in the process just added to the fun.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but back in the day (10-12 yrs ago) when I was coaching a travel softball team we always carried at least 3 quality pitchers. Why is it that college teams, normally only carry 2 quality pitchers? Is it playing time? It just seems that any team with 3 or God forbid 4 quality pitchers are a shoe in for the WCWS.
Hard to find quality pitchers for top teams

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Wild game, OSU 3-2 top of 6th 6-2 OSU
6th Inning Play-by-play

PlayScoring Dec.BatterPitcherOuts
Top of the 6th - OSU Batting
Hodge, A. to 2b.0
HRC. Timm homered to right field, RBI (0-0).HR 9 1RBIC. TimmMay, N.0
HRM. Wark homered to left field, RBI (2-1 BSB).HR 7 1RBIM. WarkMay, N.0
Maxwell, K. to p for May, N..0
PlayScoring Dec.BatterPitcherOuts
L. McDonald to rf for M. Graf.0
HBPL. McDonald hit by pitch (0-2 KF).HBPL. McDonaldMaxwell, K.0
T. Warsop pinch ran for L. McDonald.0
1BM. Bloodwort singled to pitcher, bunt (0-0); T. Warsop advanced to second, advanced to third on a throwing error by p.1B 1M. BloodwortMaxwell, K.0
HRJ. Poullard homered to left field, 3 RBI (2-2 KKBB); M. Bloodwort scored; T. Warsop scored.HR 7 3RBIJ. PoullardMaxwell, K.0
T. Edwards fouled out to c (0-1 K).FF2T. EdwardsMaxwell, K.0
C. Wang grounded out to p (2-1 BBS).G1C. WangMaxwell, K.1
BBK. Godwin walked (3-0 BBBB).BBK. GodwinMaxwell, K.2
R. Davis grounded out to 3b (1-1 KB).G5R. DavisMaxwell, K.2
OSU Inning Summary: 5 Runs, 4 Hits, 1 Errors, 1 LOB

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Oklahoma State Pitching Stats
#PlayerDecIPHRERBBKWPBKHPBF2B3BHRXBHFOGOGDPTPSTERA
41I. Rosenberr4.03112400017200253082441.61
8L. KilfoylW 21-33.02102300014000024055321.11
Pitching Totals7.052147000312002770137761.31