Tennessee STILL ranked in the CFP Top 25

unfrozencvmanvol

Nico came, he saw, he conquered.
The Committee seems to have more respect for this team than most of this board. We are one of only two teams (the other being Clemson) to have 4 losses but remain in the rankings. And WHY??? Because 3 of our 4 losses are to teams in the Top 9 and two of those were on the road. I'm not saying I'm happy about our record, but some of y'all seriously need some perspective. The loss to Florida was bad, but that's a team we have a legit three decade old mental block against. Otherwise we've been beaten by really good teams. And yes, Missouri is a really good team. I feel like the Bama and UGA losses are not causing the consternation really, it's the fact that for many, it just short circuits your brain to think of Missouri as a good team, well they are. Just like we were last year, though a lot of younger people don't think of us as being good much either.

CFP Rankings.PNG

I am not surprised. UGA beat Ole Miss 52-17. We lost 38-10. Three of our four losses are to #1, #8 and #9. Most teams in the top 25 would also have 2 of those losses if they played UGA and Bama - case in point Ole Miss.

Also keeping Tennessee in the top 25 helps the three mentioned teams.

I think a lot of us are scratching our heads trying to figure out how an historically bad team like Missouri has suddenly launched itself way past our Vols. I thought we were doing all the right things but the team we have embarrassed for the last few years makes us look pitiful. Not sure it is supposed to work like that.

Reactions: LargeOrange1
I think a lot of us are scratching our heads trying to figure out how an historically bad team like Missouri has suddenly launched itself way past our Vols. I thought we were doing all the right things but the team we have embarrassed for the last few years makes us look pitiful. Not sure it is supposed to work like that.

They have improved. Teams do. we went from 7-5 to 10-2 in a year and that included losing badly to Bama in 2021 only to beat them in 2022. It happens.

The answer is actually pretty simple: it's not the 90's anymore.

This century, Tennessee has a record of 174-125 and Missouri has a record of 172-127 and our head to head record is 6-6. That's 24 seasons of being pretty similar programs in terms of success. We aren't greatly ahead of them in the minds of alot of people outside of our fanbase anymore today than Minnesota is some great power because of their 7 national championships before 1961.

Dude it’s one year. Missouri isn’t way past us.

Reactions: Vol Farmer
The answer is actually pretty simple: it's not the 90's anymore.

This century, Tennessee has a record of 174-125 and Missouri has a record of 172-127 and our head to head record is 6-6. That's 24 seasons of being pretty similar programs in terms of success. We aren't greatly ahead of them in the minds of alot of people outside of our fanbase anymore today than Minnesota is some great power because of their 7 national championships before 1961.
We have been in the SEC a lot longer than they have. Not comparable.

The committee is showing us respect by our difficult schedule and we have had some critical players get injured. We haven’t been fully healthy all season and I believe if we were that we would’ve beat Florida and Bama or Mizzou and are 9-2 instead of 7-4.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Hey everybody, calm down. 3 of our 4 losses are to Top 10 teams. 3 of the 4 were on the road. The injuries we've endured all season to go along with the talent we lost last year, I'd take 8-4 all day long!

Reactions: temptn
Hey everybody, calm down. 3 of our 4 losses are to Top 10 teams. 3 of the 4 were on the road. The injuries we've endured all season to go along with the talent we lost last year, I'd take 8-4 all day long!
Or maybe 10-2??

Let's not aim to high I guess🙄

VN Store

Back