Tennessee Traditions

volcrazi

Let me begin by saying I love Tennessee Football. Always have, always will. I love our Gameday traditions. But I have always wanted to add to it. I personally would love to see before the team runs thru the T, that every game a past/present military soldier carrying a USA Flag runs thru the T first. I know we've done it a couple times throughout the yrs. But not nearly enough. Thoughts? Also, list any gameday traditions you'd like to see.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
Let me begin by saying I love Tennessee Football. Always have, always will. I love our Gameday traditions. But I have always wanted to add to it. I personally would love to see before the team runs thru the T, that every game a past/present military soldier carrying a USA Flag runs thru the T first. I know we've done it a couple times throughout the yrs. But not nearly enough. Thoughts? Also, list any gameday traditions you'd like to see.

Go Vols!

Winning.....I miss that tradition

Reactions: 27 people

Go Vols!

Good idea. Let them be a soldier from Tennessee, too. It's a classy gesture that grants them the memory of a lifetime while allowing us to really live up to and honor our Volunteer namesake.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm wondering if "fist up" is going to stick. Didn't do so well at the Orange and White game lol I didn't know when I was suppose to "fist up."

...that sounded inappropriate

Reactions: 1 person
I have been in the Air Force for 21 years and would literally cut off a finger to lead the Vols through the T. So I gotta think there are plenty fellow military guys more deserving than me that would feel the same way. After all, we know the last three words of our national anthem are Go Big Orange!

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe that guy in the "cool story bro" thread is on to something. All the guys could grope their wife/gf's breasts after a big play.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 6 people
I have been in the Air Force for 21 years and would literally cut off a finger to lead the Vols through the T. So I gotta think there are plenty fellow military guys more deserving than me that would feel the same way. After all, we know the last three words of our national anthem are Go Big Orange!

Finger? I'd go right testicle.

I think UT should sell tkts for $1.00 per chance & draw 10 people's names every week to run thru the T with the team! I'd go broke buying chances!!

I think they need to have Davy Crockett come out to midfield and fire a flare out of his musket to signal the team to come out of the T. That would be pretty cool.

Reactions: 3 people
Good idea. Let them be a soldier from Tennessee, too. It's a classy gesture that grants them the memory of a lifetime while allowing us to really live up to and honor our Volunteer namesake.

Start a new tradition. True Tennessee service personnel, maybe 10-20. Pairs dressed in apparel appropriate of uniforms of different eras worn by services they served, from buckskin to contemporary uniforms. Maybe along with the flags representative of the eras. Nobody else is doing anything like this so it will be unique to the UT and so very appropriate to Tennessee history.

The tradition of winning would be nice...

But on a more practical side, I would like this "Brick by Brick" thing take off... Inside the stadium right outside the tunnel we should start a brick wall with every recruit's signature or individual painting of their own brick. Think about how that would look in 10 years.

Couldn't happen, we know they don't let you guys play with knives.

The tradition of winning would be nice...

But on a more practical side, I would like this "Brick by Brick" thing take off... Inside the stadium right outside the tunnel we should start a brick wall with every recruit's signature or individual painting of their own brick. Think about how that would look in 10 years.

About 300 bricks!

I think they need to have Davy Crockett come out to midfield and fire a flare out of his musket to signal the team to come out of the T. That would be pretty cool.

Someone would whine about a gun being there! I'm surprised they haven't already... Last year at the GAME DAY show for the FL game some ESPN chick made someone put their sign down because it had Davy Crockett's gun drawn on it. she said it was "too violent looking" & 2 minutes later Lee Corso pulls out the rifle on stage when he picked Tennessee to win. Another example of stupidity in this country & another reason to hate ESPN!

Someone would whine about a gun being there! I'm surprised they haven't already... Last year at the GAME DAY show for the FL game some ESPN chick made someone put their sign down because it had Davy Crockett's gun drawn on it. she said it was "too violent looking" & 2 minutes later Lee Corso pulls out the rifle on stage when he picked Tennessee to win. Another example of stupidity in this country & another reason to hate ESPN!

That is awesomeness.

i would have al wilson come out before the vols take the field every game to get everyone
that much more pumped up

Whenever an opposing team scores, we let Smokey off his leash and he can "snap" at the player in who scored...has that ever happened???

as deep in the red as UTK reportedly is this might fly.

Notify the PR department, or even coaching staff of this idea. It certainly would fly given the rabid love Vol fans have for their team, It would fly and certainly put a dent in the red ink bulge. The UT would be truly dumb to turn down this idea. I like it more and more even while writing this post. Heck, maybe even have drawings for a skybox seat or one free SEC game admittance for you and another. Even a paid game day stay at the nearby Hilton or Hampton or other hotel within walking distance of Neyland. man, oh, man, the UT would haul in big bucks. Might get out of the red after one season. So who is going to contact PR or who ever could make this become reality?

Uniforms don't win games players do. Returning to our winning ways will bolster our program on every level. :yes:

VN Store

Back