Tennessee Welcomes No. 8 Florida to Rocky Top for Weekend Series

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Coming off its first SEC series win of the season, the University of Tennessee baseball team (15-15, 2-7) will host a three-game set against No. 8 Florida (21-7, 6-3) this weekend.

More...

Discuss.

This is THE pivotal moment for this season. The sticks have been hot as of late. If Morgado, McCray and Gruver can go 6, the BaseVols really can sweep those gators. GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
So Hobock, if the Vols lose this series, will you join the dark side and change your avatar

So Hobock, if the Vols lose this series, will you join the dark side and change your avatar

Only if you will change yours to a nice pic a TR if they win the series. I've thrown down the gauntlet my friend. Will you accept this friendly avatar wager? :)

:toast:

I hope I lose. Will not hold my breath.

by the way, are there "nice" pics of TR?

:toast:

I hope I lose. Will not hold my breath.

by the way, are there "nice" pics of TR?

I hope you lose, too!!! TR's Mama is the only person to ever have "nice" pics of him. I am efforting that for you in preparation for the Vols beating the gators. Good luck to me!!! Go Vols!!!!

Yea, nothing like losing to Bingingham (sp) and Kennesaw State

That retort is pathetic. I feel sorry for you. You should take the "vol" off the end of your name, logoff and never log back on to this site. Your Vol Card has been revoked. You should commit Harry Carey (sp) :)

Yea, I am not a Vol fan because I think our baseball coach has the baseball IQ of a fencepost.

Yea, I am not a Vol fan because I think our baseball coach has the baseball IQ of a fencepost.

You haven't posted anything that leads me to believe that you are not in the same fence row. :)

So, I've got a question for you, then. At what point would you support Raleigh? If UT makes the SEC tourney? If they make a regional? Would you take that as a sign of progress or would you still rather see him fired at season's end?

So, I've got a question for you, then. At what point would you support Raleigh? If UT makes the SEC tourney? If they make a regional? Would you take that as a sign of progress or would you still rather see him fired at season's end?

A Winning record
Beating teams like Kenesaw State, Binghamton, Western Carolina
Making the SEC tournament

These three would be a great start.

Whatever it takes to forget the last 2-1/2 seasons.

Right now there has been no progress.

He still shrieks at players in dugouts...guys that pay to play at UT.

His win/loss record is no better than the last two years.

Attendance is still pitiful (if you don't count opposing fans anyway)

He fires experienced coaches with inexperienced Yes Men.

To keep Raleigh past this season, the Vols need to make a regional. Making the SEC tournament means little because the bottom half of the league is terrible. No way the SEC gets 8 teams into regional play. So Tennessee could legitimately qualify for SEC and be at or below .500.

However, short of winning the tournament, this team is not making the NCAA Tournament despite a relatively surprising top-100 RPI.

However, qualifying for the NCAA does not change the inevitable. Todd Raleigh has been a loser from Day-1.

For me, if they make the SEC Touranment, then that saves him another year because it would at the very least show SOME improvement. I think that really should be the line in the sand; make the SECT and you keep your job, don't make it and you're gone.

To keep Raleigh past this season, the Vols need to make a regional. Making the SEC tournament means little because the bottom half of the league is terrible. No way the SEC gets 8 teams into regional play. So Tennessee could legitimately qualify for SEC and be at or below .500.

This is true and probably should be put into consideration on my above "bottom line". I guess for me even with the bottom half of the SEC being bad, I still don't see the Vols making the SECT though, so if they did even I would be surprised.

Whatever it takes to forget the last 2-1/2 seasons.

Right now there has been no progress.

He still shrieks at players in dugouts...guys that pay to play at UT.

His win/loss record is no better than the last two years.

Attendance is still pitiful (if you don't count opposing fans anyway)

He fires experienced coaches with inexperienced Yes Men.

However, short of winning the tournament, this team is not making the NCAA Tournament despite a relatively surprising top-100 RPI.

However, qualifying for the NCAA does not change the inevitable. Todd Raleigh has been a loser from Day-1.

What record would it take to make a regional? 33 wins? 35?

What record would it take to make a regional? 33 wins? 35?

The Vols need to finish at least 6th in the SEC and be 10 games over .500 and in the top 50 rpi.

They can to win all but one of the upcoming SEC series

They have midweek games remaining against Top-50 RPI teams MTSU and Western Carolina. They need to win one of those, preferrably to WCU.

Doing the math, puts me at 34 wins but it is important who those wins are against.

Among the extra things they need to do. They need to sweep either Georgia or Mississippi State who are in the cellar with the Vols.

The Vols to finish in top 6 or 7 will need to finish third in east, which means jumping Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

By the way, what happen to Georgia? I thought that team was set for perennial success. With the talent within 200 miles of Athens, the Hope Scholarship and facilities, there is ZERO excuse for a season they are now having.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back