Tennessee's greatest Victories

:td:In my 43 third year as fan it would have to be the 1986 Sugar Bowl, that put us back on the map never forget when Powell broke lose and went 60 leaving Benie Blades in the smoke, you knew when he hit the 50 that nobody could catch him plus it put the game away.

This.
Never will forget the analysts snickering during the pregame while discussing what the Vols had to do to win.

Yes, Miami then had a 28-game home winning streak. The General would have been very proud of our defensive and special teams performance, particularly our punting, in that game.

The '86 Sugar Bowl victory is unquestionably the most inspired 60-minute performance I have seen from a Tennessee football team in 46 years of watching the Big Orange play.

some many great games but here are some I remember.
1990 cotton bowl against Arkansas, Webb rushes for 250 yards.
1998 Syracuse,last second field goal to win game.
Georgia 1995
UCLA 1989 big underdogs we go to west coast and put the beat down.
just some that had not been mentioned

This.
Never will forget the analysts snickering during the pregame while discussing what the Vols had to do to win.

Kind of like some of the "fans" on here who snicker and degrade anyone who thinks we might have a chance this year at Oregon or Alabama

I would love to see a couple big wins this year to add to our collective Top 10 lists

06 Georgia game for me. Watching it at my pastors house with all the people there (dawg fans). We were getting thrashed at half time then the 2nd half everything fell into place and we came back for a 51-33 win in Athens! They had a chair outside on the porch for me the next morning!

Bama '82. Can't believe no one has mentioned this one. Also, Auburn, '85.

We were leaving those 2 for you. This is why I started this thread. Too many people still focused on the losses. To bring the fire and spirit back to Neyland, I thought it good to get everyone talking about the glory days. Too many of the younger folks weren't born or old enough to remember many of these games.

I also think that this season, the team needs fans in the stands to fire them up to exceed the realistic expectations. Just because the so called experts think Tennessee will win this game, lose that game, and have a chance in other games does not mean that will be the outcome. At this moment, I think anything is possible.

So, to all the folks heading to the stadium: This team needs you. Take ownership of your section, and do everything to make it the loudest. Make Neyland so loud that it makes everyone in the nation forget those other stadiums. Give the Vols every advantage we can. This year, they need it more than ever.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back