Tennis @ 2012 Olympics (Unofficial) Thread

That's sort of how I see it playing out too. Especially if they play the next two matches outdoors (no roof).

If the roof closes, I like Federer's chances for gold in a best of 5 set final assuming he gets past DP. Fed's serve has suffered in these gusty conditions and that makes him vulnerable against all that remain.

Murray has played the most consistent of those remaining. I'd like to see Murray in the final. Djoker seemed to right the ship against the dirty frenchman today.

No matter, Im ready for the season to hit the blue hardcourts of North America. Love it.

No matter, Im ready for the season to hit the blue hardcourts of North America. Love it.

I do love the hardcourts.

Murray has played the most consistent of those remaining. I'd like to see Murray in the final. Djoker seemed to right the ship against the dirty frenchman today.

He sure did. And I just can't pick against Djoker in peak form.

Last edited:
Just found this thread, wanted to share that I got to see Federer wipe the floor with Benneteau on Centre Court live. Maybe my greatest sports experience, it was unreal.

To be fair, with the way delPo is serving today, it is remarkable Federer has had any sniffs at break point. DelPo has been too good on serve when it counts.

Fed failing to consolidate the break at 10-9 is simply inexcusable because he also has been serving great.

Great match though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Thanks, NBC, for cutting away to show those taped first round qualifying races.

<facepalm>

I didn't get to watch a single point of Murray v. Djokovic, but was surprised that Murray won in two sets (or at all really).

Final is best of five sets on Sunday. Federer will greatly need the day of rest.

I say Murray in 4 sets. I think he has recovered from the W loss very quickly. He has played more consistently than Federer and has to have more in the tank both physically and emotionally at this point.

Federer wants the gold medal so bad he can taste it, but I feel he will probably be emotionally and physically spent after today's semi-final.

The Fed camp genuinely feels bad for DelPo today. Fed admitted that he (Fed) was on the verge of a "nervous attack" during the match and many times "thought of himself as the loser" during the match. Annacone said he felt bad for DelPo as well.

Personally, I welcome this version of delPo back to the game. I love his power tennis.

Watching the replay of this DelPo/Fed match, I feel we are fortunate to be able to see ground strokes of that quality. We might see that skip a generation.

I didn't get to watch a single point of Murray v. Djokovic, but was surprised that Murray won in two sets (or at all really).

Final is best of five sets on Sunday. Federer will greatly need the day of rest.

I say Murray in 4 sets. I think he has recovered from the W loss very quickly. He has played more consistently than Federer and has to have more in the tank both physically and emotionally at this point.

Federer wants the gold medal so bad he can taste it, but I feel he will probably be emotionally and physically spent after today's semi-final.

The Fed camp genuinely feels bad for DelPo today. Fed admitted that he (Fed) was on the verge of a "nervous attack" during the match and many times "thought of himself as the loser" during the match. Annacone said he felt bad for DelPo as well.

Personally, I welcome this version of delPo back to the game. I love his power tennis.

We agree on all fronts. I'm a big fan of JMDP and think the game as a whole is better when is around and in peak form. And grass is his worst surface. He will be a force to be reckoned with on hard courts.

I also think Murray will win tomorrow. I don't really have any rational explanation; just a hunch.

Watching the replay of this DelPo/Fed match, I feel we are fortunate to be able to see ground strokes of that quality. We might see that skip a generation.

I look forward to at least five more years of watching the cannon that is Delpo's forehand. It is a thing of beauty, for sure.

Will she win gold in 2016? 2020? Will anyone ever dethrone her? Doesn't seem like it.

She probably could. I doubt she'll play that long, though.

If we assume for the sake of argument that Serena is able to maintain the level of focus that she had this year's olympics, she has two more years of absolute domination left in her. Two or three.

Like she could win the next 8 majors. And that's not even a particularly bold statement. At her best, she is just miles and miles better than everybody else.

I want Federer to get the Golden Slam today, but I think Murray is going to take this one.

DelPo wins bronze over Djoker: 7-5, 6-4.

Murray playing out his azz today playing for country + Federer playing subpar level = tennis beatdown.

Murray will get tight before this is over, but I don't think RF has anything for him today.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back