Thanks, Coach Fulmer.

VolMax

Reactions: 19 people
Holy ****.......I think we have finally reached the end for any reason of Fulmer debate.

Reactions: 29 people
This clearly is a sign of the apocalypse.

I was peering out my hotel room looking for the Four Horseman as I posted.

I bet there are a ton of fans out there who just wanted Phil to take some culpability.

Reactions: 6 people
I bet we would of won more games the previous four years with Fulmer at head coach rather then he two guys we had...and the debate continues, yes.

Reactions: 18 people
awesomei.jpg

Good for Phil!

Also pontificated on the Smokey unis:

Fulmer didn't have much to say about UT's new gray uniforms other than this: "If they beat Florida in them, they should probably wear them every game. Now I'm a traditionalist, but the bottom line is that it's all about winning and recruiting. If those uniforms help you recruit, those recruits might help you win. It's that simple."

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Wow more Fulmer threads this week than when he got fired. At least Bama has finally somewhat moved on from Bear. Wonder how it will be like in 10 years?
"Butch Jones is the greatest coach in UT history... BUT I don't think Fulmer should've been fired."
"Rumors of CBJ may be getting the ax. So the question is: should Fulmer have been fired?"
The man admitted what some of you wanted to hear, big whoop I try to focus on our new coach than the controversy of a past one.

Reactions: 1 person
It should be the other way around when it comes to forgiving.

Why would Phil need to forgive Johnny? Because Johnny left him a team loaded with studs and depth? I suppose with your line of thinking, Kiffin and Dooley should have praised Fulmer for leaving them a fraction of what he inherited:ermm:

All idiocy aside, this is a step in the right direction for CPF.

Reactions: 1 person
Read the article. He said he would not change anything he did and he is still blaming others. (He said he did not want to throw anyone under the bus.)

Reactions: 3 people
Read the article. He said he would not change anything he did and he is still blaming others. (He said he did not want to throw anyone under the bus.)

Exactly. He qualified his admission of responsibility. Kind of like needing a definition of "is".

His inability to see, much less admit, that he caused the program to go well down the slippery slope over a half dozen years and not just a season or two is what is so nauseating. Having a down season every 4-5 years can happen to even the best. However, "down" is like 7-6 W/L at UT. When it is clear you cannot have even that without Cut in charge of the offense and providing team discipline it is time to go.

How good was Randy Sanders as an OC? So good he couldn't stay in the job anywhere else. How good was the Clawface? lol. Yet, Phil would just roll with it regardless as long as they let him. He got lucky having Chief and Cut together while he went out and did what he did the best - recruit. The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. He still hasn't fully admitted it.

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly. He qualified his admission of responsibility. Kind of like needing a definition of "is".

His inability to see, much less admit, that he caused the program to go well down the slippery slope over a half dozen years and not just a season or two is what is so nauseating. Having a down season every 4-5 years can happen to even the best. However, "down" is like 7-6 W/L at UT. When it is clear you cannot have even that without Cut in charge of the offense and providing team discipline it is time to go.

How good was Randy Sanders as an OC? So good he couldn't stay in the job anywhere else. How good was the Clawface? lol. Yet, Phil would just roll with it regardless as long as they let him. He got lucky having Chief and Cut together while he went out and did what he did the best - recruit. The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. He still hasn't fully admitted it.

For me, the statement I read in the OP quote is enough. I don't need an apology, just an admission that he was captain when the ship sank.

I think his petulance is definitely toning down.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back