The Atlanta Braves Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to ESPN, the Red Sox are desperate for a starting pitcher. Maholm for a bag of peanuts?

MEHolm is going to be here for a bit until his wrist stops barking. That and his ERA over the last 3 is north of 10. Unfortunately, we probably couldn't pull a bag of peanuts for the clown at this point :(

Hopefully, I'm wrong. The deadline is looming. But then again, deals can still happen after it.

Nice pump job

tumblr_mq0f17N6911rk5zfdo2_400.gif

I don't know, he didn't snap his wrist enough. The flip was was too inconsistent. Needs to work on that IMO

From volssam in RF

Jersey update:

Jones, who has drawn consistent praise from former Vols for his embrace of Tennessee's traditions, has made a point to reach back to a program's roots in his stops as a head coach. Sources had confirmed to VolQuest.com that the Volunteers would add their state name to the fronts of their road jerseys, again reinforcing Tennessee's status as the state's public university."The away uniform, to be able to embrace the tradition of the checkerboard into the number, I think is big," Jones explained. "And then when we go onto the road and adding Tennessee to the front I think was a great addition. Obviously the state (outline) of Tennessee will also be on the back on the away uniform as well."It's all a pride of who we are and what we are, and we are Tennessee's team. We are the state institution, so why would you not have your state on your jersey?"

Yeah I can definitely get behind that. Also in that article in which he pulled that from it stated that Under Armour and Nike are really wanting to put their name in the hat when the adidas contract expires in the near future. Hart has a long track record dealing with Nike, it mentioned.

I hope we get hot and somehow beat out the Cardinals for the best record. We ain't about that Kershaw life...

The dodgers might run down the cardinals. That's an insanely good team that's going to make (at least) another addition.

We may open with the cardinals which wouldn't disappoint me

Is this the point in the season where I big ball dance around about how asinine the *****ing and moaning of losing David Ross was? And if it's not, could someone please point me in the proper direction

Yeah I never even bothered googling that cat. Figured there was a reason he hasn't been in the league.

He has high bball IQ and distributes the ball well. I'm not positive he's an NBA athlete an he can't shoot. If we were playing at the Y, I'd love to have him. However sharing a backcourt with jerryd bayless off the bench could be disastrous

nb4 hines somehow shows up and says his assist to turnover ratio is worth 4.2 wins

He has high bball IQ and distributes the ball well. I'm not positive he's an NBA athlete an he can't shoot. If we were playing at the Y, I'd love to have him. However sharing a backcourt with jerryd bayless off the bench could be disastrous

nb4 hines somehow shows up and says his assist to turnover ratio is worth 4.2 wins

Your thoughts on bringing Miller back?

Your thoughts on bringing Miller back?

I'd love to have mike. Baby him through the first half of the season (health), let him get a little run down the stretch, pop some 3's in the playoffs. It's tough to pick up anyone though because our rotation is already two deep at every position. Where are the minutes going to come from?

I'd love to have mike. Baby him through the first half of the season (health), let him get a little run down the stretch, pop some 3's in the playoffs. It's tough to pick up anyone though because our rotation is already two deep at every position. Where are the minutes going to come from?

That's what I was wondering. Mike was one of my favorites when he was here last time.

The dodgers might run down the cardinals. That's an insanely good team that's going to make (at least) another addition.

We may open with the cardinals which wouldn't disappoint me

Yeah I agree. They are a dangerous team that will pile up wins the rest of the way. They are the only team that I don't really wanna see in the NLDS.

Is this the point in the season where I big ball dance around about how asinine the *****ing and moaning of losing David Ross was? And if it's not, could someone please point me in the proper direction

Gattis exists, McCann came back on time and hit well, Laird's OPS is almost 200 points higher than his career numbers, and Ross's OPS is 100 points under his. Every one of those things was at best a tossup and they all broke the Braves' way. Congratulations.

Reactions: 1 person
Gattis exists, McCann came back on time and hit well, Laird's OPS is almost 200 points higher than his career numbers, and Ross's OPS is 100 points under his. Every one of those things was at best a tossup and they all broke the Braves' way. Congratulations.

Thank you

My problem was not really with David Ross himself, but rather the Braves' larger unwillingness to spend money, even up to the level of their putative budget. We repeatedly saw big contracts end, "freeing up money," and then none of that money got spent. Letting the league's best backup catcher walk over a relatively insignificant sum -- particularly as the starter's future looked uncertain -- looked at the time like just another cheapass Liberty Media Braves move. I would imagine that whole argument would have been a lot different had Ross left after the moves to acquire the two Uptons rather than before.

Heytrain returning from a strained hamstring and headed straight to CF every day for at least a week.

I would like to insert my opinion about how mind numbingly stupid that is, but it gets Gattis into the every day lineup (LF) and keeps reed out of it. So it is what it is I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back