The Atlanta Braves Thread

We had to tear down my great grandma’s old barn. I made this out of the good lumber that was left. First time ever doing anything like this so it turned out better than I expected View attachment 163178View attachment 163179
Awesome, Big Wick. Your cousin Scott here is a wood mega-nerd. I love building tables etc. That grain is beautiful. Almost looks like Chestnut in there. But I can’t tell for sure, do you know if it is or not?

Awesome, Big Wick. Your cousin Scott here is a wood mega-nerd. I love building tables etc. That grain is beautiful. Almost looks like Chestnut in there. But I can’t tell for sure, do you know if it is or not?
Mostly oak. A little bit of cherry and poplar as well. The barn was made of anything available apparently.

Mostly oak. A little bit of cherry and poplar as well. The barn was made of anything available apparently.
Awesome, I saw the red oak. That’s was a staple in those days, as was the poplar. The cherry threw me off, haven’t seen that a lot. If your great mee maw’s barn had some chestnut y’all would have some very valuable lumber.

VN Store

Back