The Atlanta Braves Thread

I'm fine with giving up one if Cease comes with a 5 or 6 year deal. But he's a Boras client and a FA in 2 years, I don't like it if Cease is going to hit the market in a few years.

Reactions: Volfan1000
lol yall really talking yourselves into thinking this is a good thing?

3/75 is an easy risk to take.

we aren’t trading for anyone (we don’t have anyone to trade) and we shouldn’t be trading what little we have. You have to build through FA as well

Reactions: Volfan1000
lol yall really talking yourselves into thinking this is a good thing?

3/75 is an easy risk to take.

we aren’t trading for anyone (we don’t have anyone to trade) and we shouldn’t be trading what little we have. You have to build through FA as well
3 years at $25Mil AAV for a 34 year old with past injuries isn’t an easy risk to take.

25 million is “pretty good” starting pitcher money. The market is high as hell just like the owner’s revenue.

25 million is “pretty good” starting pitcher money. The market is high as hell just like the owner’s revenue.
I would have rather given that to Dansby than sonny gray. I’d bet him and Lugos numbers over a full season next year aren’t far off

Last edited:
Didn’t want Gray anyway, giving a 34 year old with an injury history 3/$25Mil AAV is just dumb IMO. AA is willing to spend but it’s going to be for the right deal.

It will be interesting to see whom the Braves target next after Gray and Nola slide off the starting pitching board.

I have this fear in my gut that AA is going to fail to address the starting pitching in a satisfactory way. I shouldn't, because AA has done a great job, but I do. With Gray now off the board, do we continue to pursue free agents, or do we look for a trade. Trades are hard when you have the weakest farm system in baseball.

I still want Yamamoto.

Harrison Ingram vs Knecht should be a fun battle tomorrow. Dont think Vols have enough offense to keep up with RJ Davis and the others on the road

VN Store

Back