The Atlanta Braves Thread

I mean AA has only taken a HS position player twice in the first and hasn’t since 2019. They certainly have a type.

I understand “positional value” is a thing and a lot of people are following the Padres/Astros models of “take CF and SS that show hitting capability and figure it out later” but White is about as safe a hitter as you can take to my untrained eye. I don’t care he’s not a good athlete and has defensive questions, I’ll be surprised if he’s not putting up .350 OBP and 25 HR a year in the Majors
Serious question, where would White play? Riley and Olson are both locked down for the foreseeable future and he’s not going to play in the OF either.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Serious question, where would White play? Riley and Olson are both locked down for the foreseeable future and he’s not going to play in the OF either.
Bro we’ve played Gattis in the OF. Ozuna will be a FA soon, too. And that’s not how you operate as a GM.

But I’ll say after a little more reading the Ken’s boy selection is a pretty good pick. Only 17.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I just want a hitter bro lol

We all thought Wright was that dude too. And Sims. Allard. Wentz. schuster. Cusick. And that’s just off the top of my head.

Not that they have anything to do with this pick but point remains.

All of those guys, with the exception of your favorite, CUSICK STUFF, have pitched in the league. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bro we’ve played Gattis in the OF. Ozuna will be a FA soon, too. And that’s not how you operate as a GM.

But I’ll say after a little more reading the Ken’s boy selection is a pretty good pick. Only 17.
You don’t waste your first round pick on a potential DH

Went underslot with the third pick. Previously injured, college pitcher. They have a type for sure.

Gonna be primarily underslot today to get Caminiti signed.

VN Store

Back