The Atlanta Braves Thread

The only shining light to all this is that they finally get something different at manager and become aggressive in the offseason instead of playing between the margins. Maybe this will finally wake the FO/ownership up

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000
The only shining light to all this is that they finally get something different at manager and became aggressive in the offseason instead of playing between the margins. Maybe this will finally wake the FO/ownership up

Sounds good, but they will blame everything on injuries, and nothing will change.

So how did they manage to do just fine last year without him last year? To me that’s a little bit of a convenient fan narrative.
Just an extremely weird outlier, literally the whole lineup had a career year.
You saw the lack of Freddie's presence in the Philly series where they looked scared from the jump.

Just an extremely weird outlier, literally the whole lineup had a career year.
You saw the lack of Freddie's presence in the Philly series where they looked scared from the jump.
I know how this talk radio style argument goes and I don’t totally discount it. But it’s funny how 2023 gets chalked up as lucky and a couple of divisional round playoff flops with Freddie in the lineup get forgotten.

I know how this talk radio style argument goes. And I don’t totally discount it. But it’s funny how 2023 gets chalked up as lucky and a couple of divisional round playoff flops with Freddie in the lineup get forgotten.

2018- Roster issues (not enough pitching)
2019- Manager issues
2020- Bad luck/COVID/Bad baserunning
2021- YAY
2022-2023: Intimidated by Philly crowd

I don’t think Freddie/Swanson being gone is the reason this team is in the tank but more indicative of a bigger problem. This team has zero leaders, the manager can’t do any part of his job well and the injuries are even more brutal because the FO has no clue how to build depth. And since Ronnie went down, they have zero passion or interest in the game. They’re not fun to watch, they don’t seem to care about this year and it feels like the entire clubhouse needs to be shaken up.

Reactions: Volfan1000
2018- Roster issues (not enough pitching)
2019- Manager issues
2020- Bad luck/COVID/Bad baserunning
2021- YAY
2022-2023: Intimidated by Philly crowd

I don’t think Freddie/Swanson being gone is the reason this team is in the tank but more indicative of a bigger problem. This team has zero leaders, the manager can’t do any part of his job well and the injuries are even more brutal because the FO has no clue how to build depth. And since Ronnie went down, they have zero passion or interest in the game. They’re not fun to watch, they don’t seem to care about this year and it feels like the entire clubhouse needs to be shaken up.
They were pretty flat before Ronnie went down. Riley, Ronnie, Harris, Murphy and Olson were either hurt and/or hot garbage the first 2 months.

Freddie was about as consistent as the sun rising every day, but other than never wanting to take a day off, I don’t recall him being lauded as a leader. That was often a hot topic in this very thread.

VN Store

Back