Rollin' down a Backwoods, Tennessee byway
One arm on the wheel
Holdin' my lover with the other
A sweet, soft, southern thrill
Worked hard all week, got a little jingle
On a Tennessee Saturday night
Couldn't feel better, I'm together
With my Dixieland delight

This is a really interesting matchup for us this week. Alabama has the better QB and a stud WR, but our defense is great. Unfortunately, we aren't well-suited at the moment to taking advantage of Alabama's biggest weakness, which is probably their pass defense. Other than Malachi Moore (who hasn't been playing well and is a loose cannon), they have a bunch of very green DBs who have struggled.

If we can find a way to contain Milroe's runs (both designed and improv), we might have a chance. I also think Nico and the WRs have to connect on at least one deep downfield pass. We got much closer to doing that in the second half against UF; they weren't able to connect but Nico got some protection and made a pretty good throw.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Rollin' down a Backwoods, Tennessee byway
One arm on the wheel
Holdin' my lover with the other
A sweet, soft, southern thrill
Worked hard all week, got a little jingle
On a Tennessee Saturday night
Couldn't feel better, I'm together
With my Dixieland delight

Contain the edges
Blitz the A gap
Block somebody
Score points

Beat Bama

That second part isn't the lyrics to Dixieland Delight

This is a really interesting matchup for us this week. Alabama has the better QB and a stud WR, but our defense is great. Unfortunately, we aren't well-suited at the moment to taking advantage of Alabama's biggest weakness, which is probably their pass defense. Other than Malachi Moore (who hasn't been playing well and is a loose cannon), they have a bunch of very green DBs who have struggled.

If we can find a way to contain Milroe's runs (both designed and improv), we might have a chance. I also think Nico and the WRs have to connect on at least one deep downfield pass. We got much closer to doing that in the second half against UF; they weren't able to connect but Nico got some protection and made a pretty good throw.

It's the resistible force (their defense) vs the movable object (our offense).

Biggest thing to me is not falling behind. Really need a fast start.
Also this might be the week Sampson pops a big one. If Bama goes double A gap like Womack did against UGA if you break through that first level there's nobody left in the back.

It's the most frustrating sort of hope, but we're this close to some downhill momentum on offense.

Close on a deep one to squirrel. Close on a deep one to (maybe) Nimrod, and he got grabbed. Weird route / weird throw on a slot fade to Nimrod. Nico using his legs and yellow laundry immediately flies. It's all on the tip of our offense's tongue.

Know what I don't like? When 5+ things need to get cleaned up for things to click. But things can click. Not perfectly, but more.

I am hoping Heupel realizes how much success we can have with heavy runs. The OL seems more engaged when they're grating. Sampson has gotten his without other parts clicking.

Neyland will be alive. It won't be 52 on their head. But ask me if I'll ever apologize for a grimey, surprising win over Bama.

Biggest thing to me is not falling behind. Really need a fast start.
Also this might be the week Sampson pops a big one. If Bama goes double A gap like Womack did against UGA if you break through that first level there's nobody left in the back.
That would keep the crowd in it too. If to begin the game Alabama goes and scores and we follow it up with a quick, unsuccessful drive (or vice versa), that place will get quiet very quickly. I was at the UF game and there were moments late in the first half where they about totally lost the crowd.

It's the most frustrating sort of hope, but we're this close to some downhill momentum on offense.

Close on a deep one to squirrel. Close on a deep one to (maybe) Nimrod, and he got grabbed. Weird route / weird throw on a slot fade to Nimrod. Nico using his legs and yellow laundry immediately flies. It's all on the tip of our offense's tongue.

Know what I don't like? When 5+ things need to get cleaned up for things to click. But things can click. Not perfectly, but more.

I am hoping Heupel realizes how much success we can have with heavy runs. The OL seems more engaged when they're grating. Sampson has gotten his without other parts clicking.

Neyland will be alive. It won't be 52 on their head. But ask me if I'll ever apologize for a grimey, surprising win over Bama.
Nico’s got no confidence in himself right now and the OL isn’t giving him a reason to be

Seldon, Matthews and Davis are too talented/athletic to be sitting on the sideline all game as well

Reactions: Plove23 and 005
That would keep the crowd in it too. If to begin the game Alabama goes and scores and we follow it up with a quick, unsuccessful drive (or vice versa), that place will get quiet very quickly. I was at the UF game and there were moments late in the first half where they about totally lost the crowd.
I mentioned that in the game thread at one point. Some in the stands got upset by it, but the crowd was quiet in the first half. I was a little disappointed.

Yeah I hope it's early. Do what Wright did to open Georiga last year.

I mentioned that in the game thread at one point. Some in the stands got upset by it, but the crowd was quiet in the first half. I was a little disappointed.

Yeah I hope it's early. Do what Wright did to open Georiga last year.
There was a definite lull in the second quarter. On the last few UF drives there was very little noise on 1st and 2nd down; got loud on 3rd/4th but not max volume.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back