The ball will slip right out of the gators hands

Wet also makes slow guys run even slower. There really isn't a point where a wet surface stops effecting one's speed.

I disagree. Maybe I'm wrong, but how often do you see the slower guys lose footing?

i disagree on that - i think it slows the game down and so affects the speed players much more

guys like AJ wouldnt look near as slow on a wet field

jmo

I disagree, the offense knows where they are routes to run the defense must react, on a slick surface much tougher on defense to keep up. Besides I live down here even if it does not rain you have 90-95 percent humidity it's wet.

I disagree. Maybe I'm wrong, but how often do you see the slower guys lose footing?

Losing your footing has more to do with turns and cuts. WRs and CBs are more likely to slip thatn OLs and DLs. But a wet field isn't going to level off speed between a fast RB and a slow LB.

Reactions: 1 person
i love this - wet negates talent - we need rain in every game we play

If it does rain it will be late in the game... Its always late evening here lately. 50% chance today and hasnt rained. Dont want it to because my 2 sons school game is tonite.

I just know I never ever want to see us play Florida in the rain again. I hope to God that 40% comes in the middle of the night or something.

I just know I never ever want to see us play Florida in the rain again. I hope to God that 40% comes in the middle of the night or something.

Are you sure?
[youtube]http://youtu.be/O-ytcJtZlCM?t=24m29s[/youtube]

If it does rain it will be late in the game... Its always late evening here lately. 50% chance today and hasnt rained. Dont want it to because my 2 sons school game is tonite.

yeah im not holding my breath on it raining so really doesnt matter - if it is anything like charleston then there is a chance of rain every afternoon/early evening starting in June and ending in September

Losing your footing has more to do with turns and cuts. WRs and CBs are more likely to slip thatn OLs and DLs. But a wet field isn't going to level off speed between a fast RB and a slow LB.

Agree to disagree.

I want it to rain not necessarilly on the field but only on Gators sideline and their student section so they are miserable. Then win or lose we can at least enjoy that. Ha

Last edited:
Given the history of our games played in the rain, I'm not sure how the OP can conclude that bad weather helps Tennessee more than UF.

Given the history of our games played in the rain, I'm not sure how the OP can conclude that bad weather helps Tennessee more than UF.

Yeah even if historically one has been dominant. Every player reacts differently in rain and many coaches change their game plans due to inclement weather. Seeing as loads of fresh players and 2 completely different coaching staffs. Who knows. Its a real hodge podge.

Wet also makes slow guys run even slower. There really isn't a point where a wet surface stops effecting one's speed.

I'm guessing you never put on some shoulder pads and cleats? I have to disagree with you. Played ball for 6 years and a wet field can/will impact a game. It effects the speed of the game, coaching, and other various things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Your trolling threads get too many replies.

AGREE! I usually just take a sh/t in 0star's threads and then leave. For some reason I felt compelled to respond to the bammer troll in this thread. IDK, must be an Oregon hangover.

For those not from Florida, a 40 % chance of rain means anything from a 7 hour monsoon to the less than 50-50 possibility that there might be a passing shower for about 3 and a half minutes somewhere along the way.

Wow, thanks for the scientific explanation Einstein. How did I ever think that 40% meant 4 out of 10 chance? Now I realize that 40% could actually mean 50%.

VN Store

Back