The Bear (HULU/FX TV)

Wut?

I haven't watched any of it yet but did see this ....and didn't read any further.

The Bear season three review – unbelievably frustrating​

At its best, this is the finest show on TV. But the new season feels half finished, wastes its best actors and ends maddeningly. Only two episodes are knockouts.

Wut?

I haven't watched any of it yet but did see this ....and didn't read any further.

The Bear season three review – unbelievably frustrating​

At its best, this is the finest show on TV. But the new season feels half finished, wastes its best actors and ends maddeningly. Only two episodes are knockouts.
I said "this first episode is awful so far.". It's just one long flashback episode. It's Carmy having flashbacks of stuff for the entire episode, with some weird sad music playing the whole time.

Reactions: Behr
I said "this first episode is awful so far.". It's just one long flashback episode. It's Carmy having flashbacks of stuff for the entire episode, with some weird sad music playing the whole time.
Thanks. I've got a "catch all" drawer I can clean out while I watch that one. Lol.

I could do without the music but I love this first episode. Those scallops...lort.
Lol, i just kept waiting and waiting for the flashbacks to end and the season get started. Imagine it was a weekly show and that's the first episode after waiting an entire year.

Lol, i just kept waiting and waiting for the flashbacks to end and the season get started. Imagine it was a weekly show and that's the first episode after waiting an entire year.
Yeah I get that, but it's not. Lol. I enjoyed seeing all the food and preparations.

The F bombs and Gee Dee's are gettin old. I'm on E4.

Not as good as the perfection of last season. Impossible to live up to that. The birth episode was tough to get through but there were moments of greatness throughout the season. I'd say season one is 9/10, season two is 10/10 and season three is 8/10. Still better than anything else on TV currently.

Reactions: DocVOLiday and Behr
It wasn't awful. Everybody has an opinion and for the first time ever I agree with Newts 100% on this.

That said, I understand someone thinking it was awful.

Finished the season. Last episode was good but much of the season was kind of lackluster. Carmy spent about 5 episodes just staring into space with very little dialogue. Got repetitive.

Season 3 was boring for the first half. All of those episodes showcasing one character or someone’s adventures are boring.

On another note, my sister was cast on the show as a server and she appears in a couple scenes in the background. She does get to say “Yes chef” to Carmy in season 4. Hopefully it doesn’t get cut.

I'm on episode 6 (flashback Christmas episode) , crazy amount of cameos in this one. I'm enjoying this season.

That’s the best episode in the series and one of the best episodes of any show all time.

What a cast that was brought together for one episode.

I’d honestly watch this solo episode every Christmas.

What an awful season #3 was. Felt like a huge waste of time
I agree that it was both terrible and a waste of time. I just finished it. Extremely frustrating watching so much stuff being dragged out and not resolved. I loved season 2. It was so great. “Forks” was my favorite episode. Absolutely nothing stood out or made progress in season 3. Real bummer.

VN Store

Back