The Big Fat "IF" thread

DD4ME

Zoo Keeper
IF by some miracle upon miracles the Vols somehow upset the Gators and win does UF fire Muschamp this year?

Reactions: Weezer
Miami + UT = death nail, IMO.

That would be like losing to Vandy and KY in the same year for us. Not on talent levels but in the minds of many gator fans. Most think of us as a speed bump. I'm curious what the rational fans would think.

Last edited:
So how many years would you give him at that point? Or is it all just depending?

He would be on a year to year watch.

If Florida loses, we know why....the offense.

If in year 4, there is a mediocre year with no improvement offensively, he is in trouble.

I am rooting for him because I do think he is an exceptional defensive mind.

I don't mind being a defensive team, but it legal to put up 31 in a game.

So how many years would you give him at that point? Or is it all just depending?

Winning the SEC is paramount. I'd say he has two-three more years to do it, four tops.

I think right now what is so unsettling is the sense that his emphasis on defense, which is admittedly top flight, is preventing us from developing a high scoring and entertaining offense.

This racket of having to rely on punt blocks against FCS teams, or holding opponents to 1 of 11 third down attempts -- and even then we might not be able to score enough to win -- is getting old.

Reactions: 1 person
Winning the SEC is paramount. I'd say he has two-three more years to do it, four tops.

I think right now what is so unsettling is the sense that his emphasis on defense, which is admittedly top flight, is preventing us from developing a high scoring and entertaining offense.

This racket of having to rely on punt blocks against FCS teams, or holding opponents to 1 of 11 third down attempts -- and even then we might not be able to score enough to win -- is getting old.

You guys being used to some pretty amazing offensive minds and years is why I even asked. Losing is one item and the main one, of course. The mediocrity of your offense though is in such stark contrast from what you all are accustomed too that I wonder if you wouldn't be more impatient than with say some defensive struggles.

I remember when we used to complain after double digit win seasons...those were the days...

Did you hear the guy on the Oregon game opening Saturday saying that when they went to Knoxville years ago to cover a game, the cabbie getting them to the stadium was pontificating that "All Fulmer is is a 10-2 Coach". They both snickered looking at or 5 year dumpster fire.

I heard that crap a zillion times from 94-2004 even. After living through Vols of the mid 70s-80s, 10-2 looked fabulous to me. Would like to see what would happen around here if we hit 10-2 this year :crazy:

You guys being used to some pretty amazing offensive minds and years is why I even asked. Losing is one item and the main one, of course. The mediocrity of your offense though is in such stark contrast from what you all are accustomed too that I wonder if you wouldn't be more impatient than with say some defensive struggles.

There is a lot of validity to what you say. We are not used to ball control, a strategy of dominating the time of possession, and try to win 17-13. That's just not who we are.

Well ... its not who we were.

Reactions: 1 person

I'm seeing 8-4 or 9-3. You guys should be ashamed. Oh, wait ... :ermm:

Many scenarios exist for Muschamp to be fired. I don't see it after a UT loss. But like 99 said it would get the stage lights on him.

If he loses UT and has a couple of other "bad" losses this year, then I could see it. Go 7-5 with losses to UM,UT,FSU and he would be smokin' for sure. Would break my heart too, him being such a gentleman on the sidelines.

No they won't fire him but Muschamp may ditch them for the Texas job come this off season. I really believe that they are going to give Muschamp a raise to keep him if not he's gone

It makes you wonder with all the the things that's going on at Texas would they still be interested in Muschamp. Has he done enough at florida for texas to say he's the coach we need. What does everybody else think?

VN Store

Back