The Big Fat "IF" thread

It makes you wonder with all the the things that's going on at Texas would they still be interested in Muschamp. Has he done enough at florida for texas to say he's the coach we need. What does everybody else think?

Texas, above all else, cannot afford to get embarrassed. They cannot publicly float the job to someone and get rejected. You will never now who else might have been in the mix.

No, we would go get Charlie Strong. You don't want that to happen.

Who is to say he would want to coach for Florida?

Remember, Florida passed him up when you hired Meyer and then again in favor of Muschamp. He was on staff for 8 years by the time the Muschamp hire was announced.

I'd be pretty damned pissed if I were him.

Plus, Louisville has a pretty stout AD in terms of money and they might very well match whatever Florida throws out there.

I think a much more appropriate question is:

IF we somehow manage to beat Florida tomorrow, does Muschamp murder someone with his bare hands in a fit of rage on the sideline?

I'm betting the over on this.

That dude has issues in teh brain.

Who is to say he would want to coach for Florida?

Remember, Florida passed him up when you hired Meyer and then again in favor of Muschamp. He was on staff for 8 years by the time the Muschamp hire was announced.

I'd be pretty damned pissed if I were him.

Plus, Louisville has a pretty stout AD in terms of money and they might very well match whatever Florida throws out there.

A couple more million a year and a chance to coach at a place that could be a national powerhouse under him within 2 years might have a way of softening the blow to his ego a few years back.

Reactions: 1 person
I think a much more appropriate question is:

IF we somehow manage to beat Florida tomorrow, does Muschamp murder someone with his bare hands in a fit of rage on the sideline?

I'm betting the over on this.

That dude has issues in teh brain.

If its because Driskel throw some more pics or misplaces the ball on the ground again you will never know because players and fans won't let the guy out of the building except in a body bag.

Winning the SEC is paramount. I'd say he has two-three more years to do it, four tops.

I think right now what is so unsettling is the sense that his emphasis on defense, which is admittedly top flight, is preventing us from developing a high scoring and entertaining offense.

This racket of having to rely on punt blocks against FCS teams, or holding opponents to 1 of 11 third down attempts -- and even then we might not be able to score enough to win -- is getting old.
With all that talent in Florida and all the top 10 recruiting classes how is it you don't have a power house offense, same question goes for Texas?

With all that talent in Florida and all the top 10 recruiting classes how is it you don't have a power house offense, same question goes for Texas?

I can't speak for Texas. About all I can say is that Florida had a weird situation. Driskel was recruited in Tebow's image. Big kid, could run the ball and manage an option type attack if that is what we wanted to do. But then Meyer left. Three OC's later, somehow no one figured out that Driskel could never manage a game in any way other than Tebow-style, that he dose not have the composure or head to check off to a third receiver, and usually not even to a second one.

I get how it came to be but its incredibly frustrating. This ain't Arkansas. We are not supposed to be a blah blah blah three yards and a cloud of dust team.

Reactions: 1 person
If Muschamp struggles this year, we also have to consider his allegiance to Florida. I know this has been brought up before, but if Muschamp thinks he is on a slippery slope at Florida, why would he not jump on ship at Texas when Mack gets shown the door. Texas has more money, comparable talent, and half the schedule. If he can win 8-11 in the SEC that is equivalent to 10-12 games in the Big 12. JMO

If Muschamp struggles this year, we also have to consider his allegiance to Florida. I know this has been brought up before, but if Muschamp thinks he is on a slippery slope at Florida, why would he not jump on ship at Texas when Mack gets shown the door. Texas has more money, comparable talent, and half the schedule. If he can win 8-11 in the SEC that is equivalent to 10-12 games in the Big 12. JMO

Texas won't come calling. Period.

Reactions: Weezer

VN Store

Back