The Catch!!

tenor.gif

OIP.5Y_c9xVIPvLuVvsleyQs9AHaE9

But,,,THE CATCH...HAS TO BE...
f73f074c467ee46f55f17e9f63d5f1c9.jpg

Two come to mind. I believe it was Jauan Jennings running a post route and turning around to reach behind and over the defender to catch the ball. The other is the Bama game. Bru McCoy catching Hendon's pass and IMMEDIATELY planting on the field leaving 2 seconds left for the FG. The two defenders missed holding him up to run out the clock. It was almost like it was planned. 😉

It’s crazy that no one is really talking about Keyton when they mention our WR’s the way they do Squirrel, D’onte, or Bru. I suppose an abundance of amazing WR’s is a nice problem to have. This group is going to light it up this year and I couldn’t be more excited.

Two come to mind. I believe it was Jauan Jennings running a post route and turning around to reach behind and over the defender to catch the ball. The other is the Bama game. Bru McCoy catching Hendon's pass and IMMEDIATELY planting on the field leaving 2 seconds left for the FG. The two defenders missed holding him up to run out the clock. It was almost like it was planned. 😉
For the total effort and execution Bru McCoy's catch is hard to beat. He was hit immediately and then, as you point out, put the ball on the ground leaving enough time for one more snap..

Is this the greatest catch in the history of Tennessee football or do you have a better one?

[/QUOTE
Is this the greatest catch in the history of Tennessee football or do you have a better one?

For those of us in Neyland during the early/mid seventies, Larry Seivers hauled in everything thrown his way.

It’s crazy that no one is really talking about Keyton when they mention our WR’s the way they do Squirrel, D’onte, or Bru. I suppose an abundance of amazing WR’s is a nice problem to have. This group is going to light it up this year and I couldn’t be more excited.

I’ve noticed that, too. To me, Ramel is THE MAN entering this season just based on his body of work already on tape. The Man Is Captain Clutch, in my opinion. He has come up for us big time and again.

That’s okay…he’s got opposing secondaries right where he wants ‘em: focusing on our other three receivers. Let the good times roll, Mr. Clutch.

Our backs catch the ball well, too. Look at this leaping one-hander by Small last year against Mizzou.
Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 1.14.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-14 at 11.54.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-14 at 11.55.01 PM.png
(Needless to wonder what the negaVols would say if JM3 had thrown that ball.)

Reactions: Wrangler95

VN Store

Back