The Catch!!

Serious question: Are we talking degree of difficulty or significance in a game situation?
I think degree of difficulty if we're just judging it by the Keyton catch. Jennings catch against UGA had far more significance, as it actually won that game, and I'm sure there's plenty of other examples like that.

Reactions: Wrangler95
Folks have forgotten about Joey Kent’s catch in the 1994 Gator Bowl. Manning was a freshman and this was the game in which he really started to look like a star. When Keyton made the catch against Florida, I immediately thought of Kent’s catch. They looked very similar.

Skip to the 9:10 mark.

Folks have forgotten about Joey Kent’s catch in the 1994 Gator Bowl. Manning was a freshman and this was the game in which he really started to look like a star. When Keyton made the catch against Florida, I immediately thought of Kent’s catch. They looked very similar.

Skip to the 9:10 mark.

Definitely similar catch. Of course they don’t replay three times for emphasis but a difficult catch for sure.

Though every post has mentioned worthy throws and catches (Holloway willed the Vols downfield and Sievers’ catch to convert for the win was epic), the Dobbs to Jennings pass was in the hostile confines of Sanford stadium, stealing victory from Georgia in the final seconds, literally less than a minute after the Bulldogs thought that they’d posted the winning score. Jennings was surrounded by four Georgia players trying for the ball, hauled it in, and held onto it. This at a time when Georgia was on the rise and UT’s disfunctional administration could only get Butch Jones to take the job as head coach. The stolen victory salved the hearts of Vol fans everywhere and gave us unfettered pride in our Big Orange.

I think degree of difficulty if we're just judging it by the Keyton catch. Jennings catch against UGA had far more significance, as it actually won that game, and I'm sure there's plenty of other examples like that.

If we are going degree of difficulty then Marquez North’s one handed catch against SC would be a strong contender for #1.

If we are going degree of difficulty then Marquez North’s one handed catch against SC would be a strong contender for #1.
Yes. Certainly the best in recent years. Forgot about it. Harper had a grab like that in the back of the end zone against Ole Miss. Seivers was "glue fingers", dubbed by Mr Ward

Edit: Seivers caught bare handed. I think Harper did too

Jennings Hail Mary is the greatest catch in the 21st century. Peerless catch against fsu is probably the most consequential in recent program history.
Don’t even know if Keyton’s catch against the lizards last year was the best last season or even most consequential in that game. If Fant doesn’t make that catch on 3rd and 11 with the Florida player draped all over him the play before Keyton’s great catch we are punting from our own 10 yard line giving the gators a chance to score before half.

Yes. Certainly the best in recent years. Forgot about it. Harper had a grab like that in the back of the end zone against Ole Miss. Seivers was "glue fingers", dubbed by Mr Ward

Edit: Seivers caught bare handed. I think Harper did too

I remember that Harper catch. That was an all time great catch.

It’s crazy that no one is really talking about Keyton when they mention our WR’s the way they do Squirrel, D’onte, or Bru. I suppose an abundance of amazing WR’s is a nice problem to have. This group is going to light it up this year and I couldn’t be more excited.

This. Everytime Keyton caught a pass last year it was clutch and something good happened.

VN Store

Back