The Chink In The Usc Armour

vols2345

Volnation's resident sunshine pumper
i just read an article that tennessee offered him a job for 1 million a year and the source said that he is as gone as yesterday. this could be a huge chink in the armour of the usc offense. i remeber last year how his great play calling saved them a couple games. imo, this could put everyone on the same level as usc. if he leaves i bet a little wide reciver from tennessee is gonna be mad that he went there.

seriously? man my dad just keeps getting better and better.

something big must of happen in usc to make him want to leave. pete carrol must have got real cocky. i think there gonna miss them. i didnt find out until this year just how much a oc means to a team. just look at auburn. but if usc is looking for a new oc, we have an oc i would be happy to give to them. :D (lol just joking)

USC will find somebody good to replace Chow. And they have the guns on offense to keep rolling until a new big OC comes into town. The big thing happening is that Chow is starting to age and he wants to run his own program.

well to all titan fans (im one too), with chow coming, do you think we get a qb in the draft. i heard rumors he wants a young qb to mold. arron rodgers sounds good to me.

Y'all like the look of the California boy now, huh?

Kyle Orton, Aaron Rodgers, Timmy Chang all look pretty good.

No way the Titans will draft a qb imo. I'm thinking they arent going to be able to sign a #6 pick b/c of cap issues. They will probably trade down for more picks. The Titans might have to trade/release Samari Rolle and/or Andre Dyson, if that happens I expect them to draft Antrell Rolle from Miami if he's still available.

well if mcnair retires that can free up some cap sapce.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 8, 2005 7:42 PM
well if mcnair retires that can free up some cap sapce.

True. But I really doubt he will retire. They built this special sternum protector type thing and he said he is feeling good. Even if he does retire, I love Volek and would rather have him over any rookie.

yeah i like volek too. i think we go for a linebacker ( johnson out of texas), or a corner (antrell rolle). i would go with rolle, only because he is from miami and they are a nfl factory. :D

We're a bigger NFL Factory....Now lately we've not been but we've got the most players in the NFL....Or we used to...Don't know if we still do...If not we're in the top 3 I would think

the Titans cap space is so bad they may have to let go of BOTH of their Tackles, restructure dyson's contract....rolle's contract....and possibly trade down their pick AND have McNair retire.....at least they have Chris Brown I love that kid.....but Tennessee is probly gonna be down for a few years while they get their cap situation under control......I personally think Mcnair retires and they trade down and draft campbell towards the end of the first round and maybe even burnett.. :D their talking about getting a linebacker if they got those 2 in the later first round man that would be so awesome.....i think burnett is gonna make a fine Olb in the NFL :peace2:

Does Patrick Turner have an out since Chow is leaving? or is he bound by his papers?

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 8, 2005 6:48 PM
yeah i like volek too. i think we go for a linebacker ( johnson out of texas), or a corner (antrell rolle). i would go with rolle, only because he is from miami and they are a nfl factory. :D

More like a machine!!! They had a player drafted last year that barely even played he was a LB McClover( I think that was it) he blew them away at the Miami combine and ran a 4.37!!! I read about that on NFL.com last year

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Feb 9, 2005 8:26 AM
Does Patrick Turner have an out since Chow is leaving? or is he bound by his papers?

Only if Pete Carroll left not Norm Chow.

Well, If I were Turner and I didn't want to go to USC since Chow is leaving, I would at least get an attorney and test the waters. Jeff Fisher himself was quoted that he didn't want to say anything about Chow until recruiting was over. Obviously if USC knew that Chow was looking at other Jobs and they sold Chow as a stable OC who's future remained with USC, then in my opinion they were misrepresenting themselves to the recruits, especially with those players on offense who are highly touted offensive weapons like Turner.

Turner will stay at USC, and even if he doesn't, it will make little difference for the Trojans.

As for how they will play, I believe you will se little difference. Maybe a slight dip in offensive production, but nothing more. Carroll has Matt Leinart and plenty of talent to keep USC at the top of the heap until he finds a suitable replacement for Chow.

Milo, admit it! USC is going down in flames and you can't stand it. Are you playing a violin right now?

VN Store

Back