The Chink In The Usc Armour

Well, since the PAC-10 is so "powerful" some other PAC10 team will step up, I'm sure! :crap:

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Feb 10, 2005 5:18 AM
Milo, admit it! USC is going down in flames and you can't stand it. Are you playing a violin right now?

I'm pretty sure you rooted Auburn to go to the Orange Bowl; Does that make you an Auburn fan?

I'd rather Oregon State takes out USC, but OSU and USC don't play next season.

Originally posted by Z06Vol@Feb 10, 2005 6:50 AM
Well, since the PAC-10 is so "powerful" some other PAC10 team will step up, I'm sure! :crap:

We don't have any NC caliber teams outside of USC, but I think that Cal, Arizona State and Oregon all have a reasonable shot at making a BCS run.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Feb 10, 2005 7:30 PM
What if the Titans have a bad year, and so does Leinart. He could end up playing for Chow again in Nashville.

I'm sure you Titans fans wouldn't mind that.

USC has a big chance to run the table again next year with or without Chow. They are in the PAC-10 you know. Pete Carroll is a great coach with or without Chow and they do still have alot of talent. I rooted for Auburn to go to the NC game and I am definitely not an Auburn fan. They just deserved it more than USC or OU.

Son, your blind hatred of west coast football has gotten the better of you.

After watching USC punish Oklahoma like that, I don't know how you can say that USC deserved to be in the Orange Bowl less than any other team in the country. Auburn more than Oklahoma for sure, but more than USC?

I just said they had alot of talent and I thought they would go undefeated. I don't hate them, but what they did to OU showed me nothing. All they had to do was stop a freshmen RB and it was over. Running up the score as just an afterthought to me. Regardless, Auburn beat more top 10 teams at the time they played than either one of them, played in a tougher conference than either of them, and won just as many games without losing as USC. So, in effect, IMO they deserve to be called National Champs as much as USC. And until the BCS gets off their dead asses and puts a plus one system into effect for this occasion, nobody can say Auburn couldn't have beat USC.

And neither can I because they didn't play. It is my personal opinion that USC would beat Auburn, but we'll never know.

And trying to figure out true conference strength during the season is trivial. I don't think that the SEC was the toughest conference this last season, though.

You can't test conference strength like ESPN does either-by bowl wins. I mean its usually #3SEC vs. #5BigTen or vice versa, but I personally still think the SEC is overall the toughest conference.

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 10, 2005 7:37 PM
We don't have any NC caliber teams outside of USC, but I think that Cal, Arizona State and Oregon all have a reasonable shot at making a BCS run.

:lolup: :dlol:

They all have stuff they need to work on, but it can be done. Tedford still has some good talent left at Cal, Arizona State will be lethal on offense and great if their defense can finally step up, and Oregon is loaded. They could have gone one loss this year if Belotti wasn't a 'tard.

Originally posted by milohimself+Feb 10, 2005 11:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Feb 10, 2005 11:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JohnsonCityVol@Feb 10, 2005 7:30 PM
What if the Titans have a bad year, and so does Leinart. He could end up playing for Chow again in Nashville.

I&#39;m sure you Titans fans wouldn&#39;t mind that. [/quote]
Don&#39;t include me in that group. My teams are the Cowboys, Colts, and Panthers.

I&#39;m hoping Dallas somehow trades for a top pick in 06 to get Leinart. That is if they don&#39;t draft Alex Smith this year.

Originally posted by Vols4life+Feb 9, 2005 10:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vols4life @ Feb 9, 2005 10:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TBALLVOL@Feb 9, 2005 8:26 AM
Does Patrick Turner  have an out since Chow is leaving? or is he bound by his papers?

Only if Pete Carroll left not Norm Chow. [/quote]
That is not true. Signed LOI&#39;s are binding. It does not matter if the whole staff is fired, the signee must remain at least one year to avoid penalty.

The only way players are allowed to transfer without penalty is in the case of NCAA sanctions, ala Alabama, or to a lower Div II school.

Besides, the Turners knew all along that Chow was leaving. They said so themselves.

VN Store

Back