The Dallas Cowboys football circus thread

How we feeling about Dak? I'd let him walk
I think Jerry will probably make him an offer the last week of camp in the low 60's and Dak will mull it over until right before opening game, then sign it.
I would let him play out the year. If he leads the team to the NFCCG or the SB, then pay the man. If not, bye. I think we have all seen his ceiling and he has reached it.

Reactions: Plecoptera
I think Cowboys draft a QB in 1st round next year and sign a veteran FA to play QB til the rook is ready.

I think Jerry will probably make him an offer the last week of camp in the low 60's and Dak will mull it over until right before opening game, then sign it.
I would let him play out the year. If he leads the team to the NFCCG or the SB, then pay the man. If not, bye. I think we have all seen his ceiling and he has reached it.
May as well just say bye now. It’s not happening.

If Prescott hits free agency, I think that he could go to Washington and play for Quinn.
More likely the Raiders unless they are bad enough to have a top 5 pick and want to go with a rookie QB. I could also see Carolina giving up on Bryce Young and making Dak an offer. The Saints probably would make an offer if they had the cash. Who knows what will happen by the end of the season.

I could see Dak playing for either of these teams in 2025.
Raiders because they got nobody really.
Seahawks because they really don't either. Dak would be an upgrade over Geno.
Giants because pretty much anyone is an upgrade over Daniel Jones.
Panthers because they, as an organization, have very little patience and may feel Bryce Young ain't the guy and don't want to roll the dice with another rookie QB.
Browns because they might realize they made a mistake with Deshaun. And they don't mind giving giant, dumb contracts. Although neither do the Cowboys so....
Jets because Aaron may just say he's done after this year.
Cowboys because Jerry is risk averse and is happy to just make money and be the topic in sports media every single day.

I could see Dak playing for either of these teams in 2025.
Raiders because they got nobody really.
Seahawks because they really don't either. Dak would be an upgrade over Geno.
Giants because pretty much anyone is an upgrade over Daniel Jones.
Panthers because they, as an organization, have very little patience and may feel Bryce Young ain't the guy and don't want to roll the dice with another rookie QB.
Browns because they might realize they made a mistake with Deshaun. And they don't mind giving giant, dumb contracts. Although neither do the Cowboys so....
Jets because Aaron may just say he's done after this year.
Cowboys because Jerry is risk averse and is happy to just make money and be the topic in sports media every single day.
The Raiders will draft a QB in the 2025 draft. They aren't going to waste their time and money on Dak.

Trey Lance absolutely sucks..

When you consider how close the 49ers have come to the Super Bowl and the amount of assets they gave up to get him, he might be in the running as worst draft pick of all-time.

Trey Lance absolutely sucks..
Either he just doesn't have "it" or something else is really wrong. He has all the physical traits you want, but just cannot seem to get the QB position figured out. You would think after 4 years it would sink in. And it isn't like he has had Turd Ferguson for a coach either. I read today someone called Lance "Josh Allen lite". Maybe he just needs a different type of coach? Maybe he needs some of Aaron Rodgers Himalayan voodoo ointment or something.

Let's recap the last few days.
Trey Lance threw 5 picks, but still had over 300 yds.
CeeDee just got paid.
Jerry claims there's nobody qualified to be GM of the Cowboys other than himself.
Still no Dak contract.

VN Store

Back