The disconnect between party activists and mainstream voters

lawgator1

This cycle, more than any other, to me has demonstrated the large gulf between party hierarchy (both R and D) an d their mainstream membership. Both parties have a handful of folks that are selecting really just mediocre or awful candidates based either on allegiance to extreme views, or prior power arrangements. Then the race gets framed in terms of, you have to vote for our candidate because the other side is worse. Its not a vote FOR your party's nominee, it's just a vote AGAINST the other party.

Are you going to tell me that the best the Dems could come up with for Governor in Florida was re-read Charlie Crist? Are you going to tell me that the best the Republicans could do for Senate in Georgia is Herschel Walker? And yet both party hierarchies expect and promote that we vote for these idiots because its registering your dislike of the opposing party.

I did not vote for Crist. Can't stand him. And I daresay that way more than half of the Republican party just rolls their eyes at Walker. The status quo sucks, all around.

This cycle, more than any other, to me has demonstrated the large gulf between party hierarchy (both R and D) an d their mainstream membership. Both parties have a handful of folks that are selecting really just mediocre or awful candidates based either on allegiance to extreme views, or prior power arrangements. Then the race gets framed in terms of, you have to vote for our candidate because the other side is worse. Its not a vote FOR your party's nominee, it's just a vote AGAINST the other party.

Are you going to tell me that the best the Dems could come up with for Governor in Florida was re-read Charlie Crist? Are you going to tell me that the best the Republicans could do for Senate in Georgia is Herschel Walker? And yet both party hierarchies expect and promote that we vote for these idiots because its registering your dislike of the opposing party.

I did not vote for Crist. Can't stand him. And I daresay that way more than half of the Republican party just rolls their eyes at Walker. The status quo sucks, all around.
It's why I want open primaries. Let everyone run against each other. The top two, no matter what party, go on to the general.

The system is entirely designed and operating to keep the parties in power
Until something changes with the voting process or people's loyalty to the party we wont see improvements in this country.

Lol...Crist has no chance. That's not a great leap. Sounds like you punched that button for Demings though.

Reactions: StarRaider

Good post LG and two PERFECT examples are hot garbage candidates.

Reactions: tbh and joevol33
Lol...Crist has no chance. That's not a great leap. Sounds like you punched that button for Demings though.
When she was police and her husband was they lived in a house in in Islesworth in Orlando..those homes started at 1.5 million. There was an article in the local paper about how they could afford it..then nothing ever came of it..

I bet you voted for Hillary and Biden though, that makes you guilty of lining up on the party line.

POTUS is a bit different because of the more open primary system and so more mainstream input on who the nominee is. Much more so than state or local elections.

But, yes, I voted for Hillary and Biden over Trump in both instances because they were far more qualified for the position than Trump. My garbage can is more qualified to be POTUS than is/was Trump.

POTUS is a bit different because of the more open primary system and so more mainstream input on who the nominee is. Much more so than state or local elections.

But, yes, I voted for Hillary and Biden over Trump in both instances because they were far more qualified for the position than Trump. My garbage can is more qualified to be POTUS than is/was Trump.
Wow is all I can say. So tell me how Biden is so much more qualified than Trump after what he's done to the country in the last 21 months? In fact, why don't you compare Trumps first 21 months to Biden's first 21 months and tell us all how great Biden has been?

Wow is all I can say. So tell me how Biden is so much more qualified than Trump after what he's done to the country in the last 21 months? In fact, why don't you compare Trumps first 21 months to Biden's first 21 months and tell us all how great Biden has been?

You realize the enormous problem with the comparison you propose, right? Please tell me even your simple mind can recognize and grasp the problem ...

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I vote for democrats too on local tickets when no one else is running. Brave.
He’s the biggest fraud on this board. Troll level: Expert.

Spends the last 2 years starting pointless threads attacking the GOP. Turns a blind eye to the damage this administration has caused our country. And then on Election Day when it’s clear the GOP is gonna mop the dems, ALL because America is rejecting a radical democrat agenda, he decides to start another pointless thread to paint himself as Mr. Moderate.

“Well uh. Actually uh. Both sides uh”.

Open letter Kev may be buying this BS but the rest of us aren’t.

Or the guy who has brain damage from a CVA vs Dr Oz 😆 .. I actually agree with you on this one

Reactions: tbh

What are your qualifications for President? Something Joe had that Trump didn't, even though 4 years of Executive leadership by Trump made him inherently more qualified than Joe.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood

Your garbage can is exactly where this country is heading with your so called "more qualified candidate" at the helm.

You think of there was a rematch today, Trump wouldn't be trouncing Biden like it was 1984?

What are your qualifications for President? Something Joe had that Trump didn't, even though 4 years of Executive leadership by Trump made him inherently more qualified than Joe.

To be the leader of the US government you need to be able to keep a secret and not manufacture crap at every turn just to assuage your own ego.

You ain’t seen nothing yet! When we finish cleaning the trash out of the GOP you’ll likely be needing a straight jacket.

8E455622-7BBB-4B9F-B3EC-89F579BBA76B.jpeg

I was not here for the "roaring 20's", and I was not here for the 50's, but I have been through 20 something times of these votes, and had care takers that gave me a **** tone of education.

The disconnect is that we are transitioning into a new "digital world". My wife is way smarter than I am at this ****, but I know enough to call ******** when I see it, because I saw the 80's and the 90's. Before 9/11. This was different world. You have no idea how many freedoms you have lost becuse of terrorism. If you were born from 90's on, It's insane how many freedoms were taken away. Old people see that, Especially when they fought in wars. Unfortunately, I witnessed the rise of google myself first hand.

I took computer science before it was a thing. I wouldn't know anything about modern computer science but, I can tell you first hand. When I took computer science way back, It was all russians. They were the best in the world. Intent on learning it inside and out. Iran would hire the russians to do their dirty work. It was spooky. I saw it then.

Reactions: Gandalf

VN Store

Back