The disconnect between party activists and mainstream voters

You see, LG, you're part of the problem. You think "most qualified" equals "best qualified" and there inlies the problem. I'm automatically suspect of anyone who has been in elected public service for 40 years and enriches themselves to the point the Bidens or Clintons have.

I'd rather more industry leaders, doctors, entrepreneurs and the like run.

Not when it shows his VP father is bought by foreign countries like Russia. And we don’t like Russia.

Frumps entire fam was put in charge of the American Gov making deals with the saudis and russians. Are you f'ing kidding me?

And just so everyone knows. CNN was bought by a right wing supporter. Lefties don't own that anymore. You have disconnected from reality.

It's why I want open primaries. Let everyone run against each other. The top two, no matter what party, go on to the general.

The system is entirely designed and operating to keep the parties in power
Until something changes with the voting process or people's loyalty to the party we wont see improvements in this country.

No, the parties, specifically the gop, needs to fight better for their promises. The dim party is completely controlled by the far left. The dim party is the far left

Less than 8% of the registered voters participate in the primaries. 80%+ of those are seniors. This is who is responsible for the candidates we have, the 92%

Reactions: tntar heel
Less than 8% of the registered voters participate in the primaries. 80%+ of those are seniors. This is who is responsible for the candidates we have, the 92%
We need an upper limit on voting age as well.

Reactions: hog88
It's why I want open primaries. Let everyone run against each other. The top two, no matter what party, go on to the general.

The system is entirely designed and operating to keep the parties in power
Until something changes with the voting process or people's loyalty to the party we wont see improvements in this country.

That would be too democratic. We're a republic. :rolleyes:

To be the leader of the US government you need to be able to keep a secret and not manufacture crap at every turn just to assuage your own ego.
Well, Unca Joe can't remember any secrets so we don't have to worry about him leaking them.

Reactions: GVF
To be the leader of the US government you need to be able to keep a secret and not manufacture crap at every turn just to assuage your own ego.
I wish Trump would go away too, but do you really honestly believe that Biden has done a less bad job up to this point than Trump? It’s hard to imagine anyone else making/ allowing a worse collection of decisions.

I wish Trump would go away too, but do you really honestly believe that Biden has done a less bad job up to this point than Trump? It’s hard to imagine anyone else making/ allowing a worse collection of decisions.

Arguably, the most important decision or set of decisions he has had to make are about how to rally the allies and support Ukraine. Do you support what Biden is doing on that?

And search your heart of hearts. Knowing Trump's penchant to curry favor with Putin, and his disdain for NATO, don't you think that a Trump-led reaction would have been far more muted and less effective?

I just don't see anyway around that conclusion.

AgileClutteredAardwolf-size_restricted.gif

Arguably, the most important decision or set of decisions he has had to make are about how to rally the allies and support Ukraine. Do you support what Biden is doing on that?

And search your heart of hearts. Knowing Trump's penchant to curry favor with Putin, and his disdain for NATO, don't you think that a Trump-led reaction would have been far more muted and less effective?

I just don't see anyway around that conclusion.

AgileClutteredAardwolf-size_restricted.gif
I don’t think I could disagree with you more about the importance of Ukraine. I don’t think think the reward of a sovereign Ukraine is worth the risk of WW3. And I also don’t think it’s worth what American tax payers have already paid for it.

VN Store

Back