The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

No .... No .... No .....No. But I loved the music back then ... it was happy dance music.
I remember the spinning balls of light they had going at the disco party places. Disco music was best sung by Donna Summer ..... Bee Gees .... ABBA .... take time to listen ... it's great.
I love all kinds of music!

Rebels' Bianco: Vols might've been best team ever

"I've done this for a long time. I don't know how many teams that I can think of that were that dominant for that many weeks. And really a team that didn't have a flaw. People try to pick flaws, like maybe you can steal a few bases off them or whatever. But when you start saying that's their flaw, you know they're pretty good.

"Tremendous rotation, great bullpen. They can really swing it. They can defend it. They play with a ton of confidence and so on. I say that because I played them myself and I've watched them dominate our conference. But the reason they're not here is because this game is really hard. And people sometimes don't understand that the best team doesn't always win. It's the team that plays the best.

"And in baseball sometimes you can have a tough weekend. Or you could have a tough game in a Game Three (of a best-of-three Super Regional series) and not get here. We know that very well."

Bianco was asked if he was surprised Tennessee didn't make it after winning the SEC East and the SEC Tournament and posting a 57-9 overall record and going 25-5 in SEC play.

"Am I surprised? In a way, yeah, maybe in that the best team in the country didn't get here," he said. "But not surprised that it happened. It happened a year ago to the University of Arkansas, where they had a tremendous year and had a tough weekend at the wrong time. And so it happens.

"So you can think it's something else, but it's really baseball. It's really that sometimes they get the big hit or they make the big pitch and you end up on the wrong side of the scoreboard. But they were certainly not just the best team through the, whatever that was, 16 weeks, but as good a team as I've seen maybe ever."
Wait so the trolls are wrong???

What about this summer league stuff with some of our current players? Seems like it would be fun to watch. Wasn’t @vol66 watching that last summer? Do you need a subscription service or YouTube or what?

Typically you just go to the team’s Twitter and they tell you how to watch it. It’s not difficult. I apologize for not being around.

GBO!!!

How many of you feel this way when you're at work these days ....

View attachment 467901
I don’t right now because I’m using my remaining PTO at my old job before I start my new job next week. I will be working 3 days one week, 4 days the next week and have 7 total days off every 2 week period instead of 4 days off like a normal job 😁

Last edited:
I don’t right now because I’m using my remaining PTO at my old job before I start my new job next week. I will be working 3 days one week, 4 days the week and have 7 total days off every 2 week period instead of 4 days off like a normal job 😁

Congrats .... sounds like a win win situation for you.

Congrats .... sounds like a win win situation for you.
Yeah I think I will like it. It’s longer work days but I’m used to working 10hr shifts anyways, so what’s another 2hrs lol. And I’ll be doing what I went to school for, so I think I will be happier.

Most of the time, yes.
The trolls were right about one thing.
The Vols peaked too soon.
Tennessee was only 15-1 in their last 16 games before facing the Irish. 😏
Yeah I guess they are right, it’s not as good as starting out 31-1. That means we had two stretches of being a combined 46-2. Unheard of.

Yeah I think I will like it. It’s longer work days but I’m used to working 10hr shifts anyways, so what’s another 2hrs lol. And I’ll be doing what I went to school for, so I think I will be happier.

LOL .... that's a cute little computer they gave you to get all that work done .....

87499e7b7e534c8036ee6653c052c299.jpg

VN Store

Back