The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Dude has been coaching for 50 years & throws arms up & pretends like he doesn't know what just happened.

He can question all he wants but a foul is a foul. Dude is the worst thing to happen to sport. Constantly complains about every little thing and is not liked by several people in the industry due to the way he operates. Everyone had nice things to say about Pat whenever she passed. I highly doubt Geno will get the same type of reception whenever it is his time.

He can question all he wants but a foul is a foul. Dude is the worst thing to happen to sport. Constantly complains about every little thing and is not liked by several people in the industry due to the way he operates. Everyone had nice things to say about Pat whenever she passed. I highly doubt Geno will get the same type of reception whenever it is his time.

Yeah, Geno is even by his own admission a massive a-hole

Reactions: VolPack22
Yeah, Geno is even by his own admission a massive a-hole
It’s sports guys….winning is winning. You arent judged by whether you are nice or not. Nobody cares if Mickey Mantle was an a-hole. He is Mickey Mantle. When it’s all said and done they won’t put an asterisk next to Geno and say what a scumbag. They will just conclude he is the best to ever do it. Whether you like it or not. Plenty of people prob hate the guy and plenty probably say he is a nice person. There is no living your life worrying about what others think about you.

It’s sports guys….winning is winning. You arent judged by whether you are nice or not. Nobody cares if Mickey Mantle was an a-hole. He is Mickey Mantle. When it’s all said and done they won’t put an asterisk next to Geno and say what a scumbag. They will just conclude he is the best to ever do it. Whether you like it or not. Plenty of people prob hate the guy and plenty probably say he is a nice person. There is no living your life worrying about what others think about you.

Sure, but in my book it is better to dominate the sport while also being admired and respected by your players and peers (i.e., Pat) than to dominate the sport while being universally reviled and making everyone miserable (i.e., Geno). It’s not mandatory to be an a-hole to be a massive success.

Sure, but in my book it is better to dominate the sport while also being admired and respected by your players and peers (i.e., Pat) than to dominate the sport while being universally reviled and making everyone miserable (i.e., Geno). It’s not mandatory to be an a-hole to be a massive success.
Sure if both can be done but who is to say he isn’t in real life. He has only been married once…not divorced…maybe competition brings out a certain aspect of him but there is more to man and to how they are as a person than that. Nobody going to comment on Pats personal life…kid etc…that would hit way too close to home for folks here.

You can be whoever you want to be in the heat of battle on the court/field but outside of that I think the majority of people would say it’s also important to be respected by others in the industry. Even if someone says they don’t care what others think about them, everyone cares about their legacy as a human being to some extent. Kobe was a Grade A douchebag as a player and sometimes even as a person off the court but people respected him as he matured into his later years. There were people all over the world that paid tribute to him unlike we have ever seen for an athlete. Pat had the entire country mourn her similarly, not on the same scale as Kobe because he was a global superstar but still enough to make you see just how many people respected her. Geno will not have that. They will only talk about his coaching career and that’s it. Yeah his former players will probably show up but you aren’t going to hear a lot of other coaches talking about Geno the person. Hopefully, for his sake, he gets that figured out after his coaching days.

Sure if both can be done but who is to say he isn’t in real life. He has only been married once…not divorced…maybe competition brings out a certain aspect of him but there is more to man and to how they are as a person than that. Nobody going to comment on Pats personal life…kid etc…that would hit way too close to home for folks here.

Haha, I was the one who suggested Tyler for our open position 🤣

You can be whoever you want to be in the heat of battle on the court/field but outside of that I think the majority of people would say it’s also important to be respected by others in the industry. Even if someone says they don’t care what others think about them, everyone cares about their legacy as a human being to some extent. Kobe was a Grade A douchebag as a player and sometimes even as a person off the court but people respected him as he matured into his later years. There were people all over the world that paid tribute to him unlike we have ever seen for an athlete. Pat had the entire country mourn her similarly, not on the same scale as Kobe because he was a global superstar but still enough to make you see just how many people respected her. Geno will not have that. They will only talk about his coaching career and that’s it. Yeah his former players will probably show up but you aren’t going to hear a lot of other coaches talking about Geno the person. Hopefully, for his sake, he gets that figured out after his coaching days.
If he died the way Kobe or Pat did I do promise you that same treatment would have happened. Geno dominated those people and do not think that his gender has something to do with how much they hate the guy. Would have been such a strong woman showing girls it can be done….blah blah blah. He beat up on all the Suburu owners and they sure do hate him for it.

That sucks. If it doesn’t show a tear then he will be resting for a few weeks. Worst case is Tommy John, which would be devastating.
Not to be a Debbie Downer but my experience is these things always result in TJ. Even a partial tear...Shane Bieber and Gerrit Cole are in the same boat right now

Pitching is always a crapshoot in MLB. Last season Dodgers used 16 to 20 different starters due to season ending injuries or just nagging injuries.

Buehler torn ligament, Kershaw as much as I love him hasn't pitched a full season in 4 or 5 years. Urias killed himself by smacking around his wife.

Hope Strider is okay for Braves but if he isn't huge loss for them.

Pitching is always a crapshoot in MLB. Last season Dodgers used 16 to 20 different starters due to season ending injuries or just nagging injuries.

Buehler torn ligament, Kershaw as much as I love him hasn't pitched a full season in 4 or 5 years. Urias killed himself by smacking around his wife.

Hope Strider is okay for Braves but if he isn't huge loss for them.
How you feeling buddy? Better?

VN Store

Back