The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

So about last night...
I have never seen a crowd like that in downtown Knoxville!
It was pure insanity and it was beautiful!!
Then I get home to see the replay and I see people running out into the street to touch Tony.
I see Tony autographing rally bewbz.
People fainting(maybe that was due to heat)
It was like the damn Beatles, riding down Gay street!!
People got bent on Gay Street!

I’ll say it again, we’re gonna look up one day and this guy will have a plaque in Cooperstown.
He is quietly putting together a HOF career and low key may be the best player in baseball.
🤷‍♂️
If he ends his career as Cleveland’s all-time HR leader I think that should almost get him there alone. Add in the fact that he will almost certainly be a member of the 300-300-2000 Club (HR-Stolen Bases-Hits). The only current members include:

Barry Bonds
Willie Mays
Andre Dawson
Steve Finley (one of my most underrated players ever)
Alex Rodriguez
Carlos Beltran

Tennessee fans bitched about Gary Danielson on commentary on CBS"He hates Tennessee" blah,blah,blah.

Now this guy will doing commentary on Tennessee games on ESPN/ABC. Be careful what you wish for when individuals when complaining about Danielson.
I usually mute the audio anyways. I would rather listen to Kesling bumble through a radio broadcast than listen to the likes of Danielson, Chris Fowler, and McElroy.

I usually mute the audio anyways. I would rather listen to Kesling bumble through a radio broadcast than listen to the likes of Danielson, Chris Fowler, and McElroy.
I don't mute the TV but I don't pay attention to commentary, to invested in watching the game or looking at other scores slide across bottom of screen.

I don't mute the TV but I don't pay attention to commentary, to invested in watching the game or looking at other scores slide across bottom of screen.
Only time I really pay attention to commentary is big moments like beating Florida, the Dobbs Nail Boot, beating Alabama.

The last time we were in the CWS Championship was also a championship season for football. Baseball team and football team have been a little similar lately. Both had strong teams in 2022 but came up short against a team we should have beaten on paper. In 2023 both teams didn’t perform as well as some fans had hoped in the regular season but baseball made it to Omaha after a change in the starting rotation and football beat the piss out of Iowa after a change at QB. In 2024 baseball was not predicted to win even the SEC East but does a clean sweep of championships including the national championship. Football is not predicted to win the SEC. I see a little bit of a pattern here…

The last time we were in the CWS Championship was also a championship season for football. Baseball team and football team have been a little similar lately. Both had strong teams in 2022 but came up short against a team we should have beaten on paper. In 2023 both teams didn’t perform as well as some fans had hoped in the regular season but baseball made it to Omaha after a change in the starting rotation and football beat the piss out of Iowa after a change at QB. In 2024 baseball was not predicted to win even the SEC East but does a clean sweep of championships including the national championship. Football is not predicted to win the SEC. I see a little bit of a pattern here…
1719405502776.gif

So about last night...
I have never seen a crowd like that in downtown Knoxville!
It was pure insanity and it was beautiful!!
Then I get home to see the replay and I see people running out into the street to touch Tony.
I see Tony autographing rally bewbz.
People fainting(maybe that was due to heat)
It was like the damn Beatles, riding down Gay street!!
did you see what Burke did to that brewski?

Yeah, I agree. The commentary does nothing for me and I don’t really need anyone explaining to me, what’s going on.

Lawd VP, we are getting old, we’re starting to sound like @W.TN.Orange Blood
😂

This is what I think happened with the interview response from Schloss when asked about the Longhorn’s job. I don’t believe the Texas job was a done deal, and he was fighting to stay at A&M and was hoping that he seemed passionate enough and that might convince the board to match whatever offer was on the table.

VN Store

Back