The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I like the battle of the network stars.

View attachment 659406
Oh, my! I'd forgotten about those Battle of the Network Stars specials! Like most adolescents, I enjoyed seeing the stars' actual personalities as they stepped out of their familiar robes -- roles!

I remember Farah Fawcett being a natural athlete. I don't know if she played golf, but for some reason I always thought she'd make a good spokeswoman for Ping.

Mork and Mindy rainbow suspenders?
I have a funny story...
I apparently REALLY liked Mork and Mindy because I wanted a pair of those suspenders from K-mart on Broadway, so bad that I lifted them after my dad told me no, we couldn’t get them.
I had to be like 6 maybe??
Once in the car, my dad realized that I had stolen the suspenders and I thought he was going to kill me. He marched me back into K-mart, to the giant service desk, that seemed like it was 12 foot tall, made me tell the manager what I did and give the suspenders back to him.
The manager said he wasn’t going to call the police on me this time but would next time!
I will never forget that as long as I live, the whole thing is burned into my mind. I was terrified of not only my dad, but the Kmart manager and the cops!!
I remember crying my eyes out.😂
Mork and Mindy, rainbow suspenders with Morks little gloves for the clasps...
🤦
That one incident, put a stop to my life of crime and thievery.
I guess the old man knew what he was doing.

I have a funny story...
I apparently REALLY liked Mork and Mindy because I wanted a pair of those suspenders from K-mart on Broadway, so bad that I lifted them after my dad told me no, we couldn’t get them.
I had to be like 6 maybe??
Once in the car, my dad realized that I had stolen the suspenders and I thought he was going to kill me. He marched me back into K-mart, to the giant service desk, that seemed like it was 12 foot tall, made me tell the manager what I did and give the suspenders back to him.
The manager said he wasn’t going to call the police on me this time but would next time!
I will never forget that as long as I live, the whole thing is burned into my mind. I was terrified of not only my dad, but the Kmart manager and the cops!!
I remember crying my eyes out.😂
Mork and Mindy, rainbow suspenders with Morks little gloves for the clasps...
🤦
That one incident, put a stop to my life of crime and thievery.
I guess the old man knew what he was doing.
Similar story over a family sized bag of ….. wait for it….

M&Ms
🤣

VN Store

Back