The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Last edited:
Where the he!! Is @knoxvol52 ,getting rested up for his “massage” tomorrow?
I thought he’d be on here pounding his chest over his boy Shohei.
Was watching your Mets beat the Phillies.

No need to pound my chest, you already know that Ohtani is at top of the list in MLB currently.

1. Ohtani
2.Mookie
3.Freddie
4. Acuna ( when healthy)
5. Aaron Judge.

Has there ever been a greater single game performance than the one we got from Ohtani, tonight?
Obviously I didn’t get to see Babe, I was not around for Mantle, Mays, Aaron, but now I know how people felt when watching those guys play.
We are witnessing a generational player in Shohei.
These are some that come to mind but there are way more than you would think that deserve to be talked about. His performance was all-time great but I will poo poo on it a little bit since he hit one of his homers off a position player. Everyone will have recency bias though and forget about other great games that were just as good, if not better.

Shawn Green in 2002 for the Dodgers:

6 for 6
5 extra base hits
4 HR
19 total bases (MLB record)
7 RBI

Josh Hamilton in 2012 for the Rangers:

5 for 5
5 extra base hits
4 HR
18 total bases (AL record)
8 RBI

Joe Adcock in 1954 for the Braves:

5 for 5
5 extra base hits
4 HR
18 total bases (was MLB record until Green)
7 RBI

Anthony Rendon in 2017 for the Nationals:

6 for 6
3 HR
10 RBI

Mark Whiten in 1993 for the Cardinals:

4 for 5
4 HR
12 RBI

Was watching your Mets beat the Phillies.

No need to pound my chest, you already know that Ohtani is at top of the list in MLB currently.

1. Ohtani
2.Mookie
3.Freddie
4. Acuna ( when healthy)
5. Aaron Judge.
Acuña is 2nd behind Ohtani whenever healthy. I haven’t seen Mookie have a 40/40 season yet. Ohtani and Acuña have been the only guys to have a rare combination of power hitting and base stealing. Mookie just doesn’t steal enough bases to be above him. And we all know I love Freddie but he shouldn’t even be placed above Judge. I would probably have Judge 3rd and Mookie 4th.

Ohtani
Acuña
Judge
Betts
Freeman

Acuña is 2nd behind Ohtani whenever healthy. I haven’t seen Mookie have a 40/40 season yet. Ohtani and Acuña have been the only guys to have a rare combination of power hitting and base stealing. Mookie just doesn’t steal enough bases to be above him. And we all know I love Freddie but he shouldn’t even be placed above Judge. I would probably have Judge 3rd and Mookie 4th.

Ohtani
Acuña
Judge
Betts
Freeman
I agree. You guys know I love Mookie and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but probably more so than Acuna, but...when Acuna is healthy AND motivated, he’s #2 or 3 on the list. The only one that could possibly be above him is Judge(who like Tom Brady, I continue to discredit year after year) but I think Acuna is better overall.

These are some that come to mind but there are way more than you would think that deserve to be talked about. His performance was all-time great but I will poo poo on it a little bit since he hit one of his homers off a position player. Everyone will have recency bias though and forget about other great games that were just as good, if not better.

6 for 6
5 extra base hits
4 HR
7 RBI

5 for 5
5 extra base hits
4 HR
8 RBI

5 for 5
5 extra base hits
4 HR
7 RBI

6 for 6
3 HR
10 RBI

4 for 5
4 HR
12 RBI
All great performances, but did any do it to join an exclusive club like 50/50?

6 for 6
5 extra base hits
4 HR
7 RBI

5 for 5
5 extra base hits
4 HR
8 RBI

5 for 5
5 extra base hits
4 HR
7 RBI

6 for 6
3 HR
10 RBI

4 for 5
4 HR
12 RBI
So it's Ohtani's fault the Marlins were using a position player to pitch in the 9th inning?

Out of all these guys Josh Hamilton was only one that could hold a candle to Ohtani.

All great performances, but did any do it to join an exclusive club like 50/50?
There’s a lot more I could mention that have happened in the postseason also, which are wayyy more important than a regular season game. Has Ohtani had an all-time great performance in the playoffs? Oh wait…

I agree. You guys know I love Mookie and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but probably more so than Acuna, but...when Acuna is healthy AND motivated, he’s #2 or 3 on the list. The only one that could possibly be above him is Judge(who like Tom Brady, I continue to discredit year after year) but I think Acuna is better overall.
Y’all know I’m the number 1 Yankee hater but if Judge played for the Braves I would be smitten. That dude is putting up another crazy season, some would say even better than Ohtani’s based on the metrics.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
So it's Ohtani's fault the Marlins were using a position player to pitch in the 9th inning?

Out of all these guys Josh Hamilton was only one that could hold a candle to Ohtani.
He was just asking about single game performances, not the quality of the player. I posted a link of each team’s best individual offensive game.

I'm getting to be like @cobbwebb0710 as a nervous wreck just waiting on this game. The Vols are favored 6.5 pts now to win in a hostile stadium on the road. We have all our coaches ready to fire this team up for a big offensive & defensive showing on national television (ABC) this Saturday night. I've been reading on X all the hype that this game brings to both teams that are involved. It's not so much a revenge game of sorts for the TN Vols but much more in making a huge statement the the TN Vols are back on top & for the college football world get used to that fact. The Vols are here to stay.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolPack22
No worries. We’re winning by 3 scores 😎💪🍊
That's just words. We have to play the game first to see what happens.
That would be sweet for us if the Vols do win. Win by one (1) or 21 ... a win is a win.
There's been many times I've said before that we would beat Florida GA Bama year after year & that chit didn't happen. Just words. Got to play the game first to back up those words.

VN Store

Back