The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Thanks for calling the BVS hotline a Counselor will be with you shortly. They're 125 callers ahead you, thanks for your patience.
Seriously though I don't believe there's the slightest reason to be stressed out. CJH knew days ago that Heard was not going to play most likely. CJH always has a plan, RELAX.

I think so as well, Vols win today without Heard.
I have faith that Heupel and Halzle can work their scheme around Davis, possibly use it to their advantage (?). Davis ain’t chopped liver, anyway. He has started seven games. He knows the system and playbook better than Heard.

Some of those Pearl clutching beeches in the FF were losing their minds. 😉

Who had Ramon Laureano as having the 2nd best batting average and slugging percentage on their Braves Bingo cards prior to the season???
Funny story...
My boy tried to get me to buy him a Ramon Laureano, autographed baseball card for $10, like over a year ago.
I said no because the guy is a scrub.
He proceeded to tell me that Laureano is a good player, just has never been on a good team...
🤷‍♂️

I have faith that Heupel and Halzle can work their scheme around Davis, possibly use it to their advantage (?). Davis ain’t chopped liver, anyway. He has started seven games. He knows the system and playbook better than Heard.

Some of those Pearl clutching beeches in the FF were losing their minds. 😉
What about us pearl clutching beeches in the baseball forums?
🥴

Despite Heard, I just think this is going to be a tough one to pull out on the road.
🤷‍♂️
I stated all week this wasn't going to be a gimme. This is why people freak the hell out by making outlandish predictions like 54-10. It could happen, then it couldn't. A win to me doesn't matter if it's 1 point or 51 points.

I’m not as concerned about our blind side tackle position as I am our young QB, going into his first hostile environment against a pretty damn solid, defensive minded coach.
Coop is going to be key, getting the hogs on their assignments because I guarantee Venables is going to disguise his schemes to throw off Nico.
Which leads to another huge key, getting positive yardage on 1st down, so we can continue going fast and keeping the OU defense on their toes, forcing them to stay in base packages.
This is going to be a test for Nico, because I’m about 99% sure, OU is going to force him to beat them.
If Sampson gets going and OU has to start rolling guys up to the LOS, it’s over.
If they get pressure with a minimal front and drop safety help over the top, it’s going to be a long night.
Pretty simple really.

I stated all week this wasn't going to be a gimme. This is why people freak the hell out by making outlandish predictions like 54-10. It could happen, then it couldn't. A win to me doesn't matter if it's 1 point or 51 points.
I’m with you bud. I’ll take a 3-2 win and call it a day!
I can’t believe people are really calling this a 2-3 score win.
🤦‍♂️

I’m not as concerned about our blind side tackle position as I am our young QB, going into his first hostile environment against a pretty damn solid, defensive minded coach.
Coop is going to be key, getting the hogs on their assignments because I guarantee Venables is going to disguise his schemes to throw off Nico.
Which leads to another huge key, getting positive yardage on 1st down, so we can continue going fast and keeping the OU defense on their toes, forcing them to stay in base packages.
This is going to be a test for Nico, because I’m about 99% sure, OU is going to force him to beat them.
If Sampson gets going and OU has to start rolling guys up to the LOS, it’s over.
If they get pressure with a minimal front and drop safety help over the top, it’s going to be a long night.
Pretty simple really.
This👆 I said all week this is Nico's first TRUE road test.

This👆 I said all week this is Nico's first TRUE road test.
To help ease your mind to some small degree, Nico was on campus 12 months before he started in the Citrus Bowl. He has been on campus another 9 months and started three more games scrimmages. He gonna be ready. Heupel knows Venables as well as Venables knows him. Should be a great chess ♟️ match.

Pretty simple really.
Kinda the way I look at it. We should be able to win this thing with defense and our running game. Nico is a bonus. If he catches fire it could be a blowout.

To help ease your mind to some small degree, Nico was on campus 12 months before he started in the Citrus Bowl. He has been on campus another 9 months and started three more games scrimmages. He gonna be ready. Heupel knows Venables as well as Venables knows him. Should be a great chess ♟️ match.
That makes me feel a little better.

The Astros were third worst at extra innings in MLB at 5-10 until they beat the Padres this past week, 4-3 in 10.
I don’t take as much stock into the extra innings record as I used to due to the bogus ghost runner rule. That’s not fair for any relief pitcher. You could literally give up a single and then mow down the next three batters and still get the loss. If they were going to do this ghost runner rule they should have placed the player at first base. Double play is still available and it makes the offense still have to put in work at the plate.

VN Store

Back