The Effects of Dehumanizing Language in Political Discourse

That was weird. I quoted you quoting me. But it just quoted me.

Wasnt sure about your response to me.
I was calling Rocky a hypocrite. This is his thread on why can’t we all get along and the last two pages of this thread is him directly not getting along.

Ok that is literally a text book example of “I know you are but what am I”

And what Louder?

Maybe you should take a look at post #191 again before you chuck stones

At least I had to “get there” (according to you). It’s where you started, and it was all downhill from there.

Drunken Rudy downs another scotch and stumbles across the street for another interview at a different network.

Maybe you should take a look at post #191 again before you chuck stones

At least I had to “get there” (according to you). It’s where you started, and it was all downhill from there.

Drunken Rudy downs another scotch and stumbles across the street for another interview at a different network.
191? Where I’m basking and you’re crying? Ok...

73AAB340-BD4D-48B9-A2E3-948F20080478.jpeg

Rudy Giuliani is still a person, even when he’s drunk. That you would suggest that calling someone “drunken Rudy“ is dehumanizing is, in fact, a dehumanization of Rudy.
Way to double down on the hypocrisy, thread starter. Weak ass POS stuff 😂

191? Where I’m basking and you’re crying? Ok...

View attachment 320852

Sorry, even working in criminal defense, I don’t often work with people with such pronounced cognitive deficiencies. Allow me to spell it out: yours was literally a rubber/glue post. “This doesn’t bother me! You’re the crybaby!!”

Also and example of you trying far too hard, but the double replies in posts 205 and 206 make that case without the need to rely on the same post to make both points. Thanks for another unnecessary assist.

Drunken Rudy downs another scotch and shambles across the street for another interview at a different network.

Sorry, even working in criminal defense, I don’t often work with people with such pronounced cognitive deficiencies. Allow me to spell it out: yours was literally a rubber/glue post. “This doesn’t bother me! You’re the crybaby!!”

Also and example of you trying far too hard, but the double replies in posts 205 and 206 make that case without the need to rely on the same post to make both points. Thanks for another unnecessary assist.

Drunken Rudy downs another scotch and shambles across the street for another interview at a different network.
Ah I got it. After making a butthurt TDS enraged rant for no good reason you basically come back with NUH UH! on the two pictures and then over explain... as usual... because you cannot help your pedantic eaten up ass 😂

Off to play Gears5 now. Good night Rocky have pleasant dreams of President Biden ! 🤣

Ah I got it. After making a butthurt TDS enraged rant for no good reason you basically come back with NUH UH! on the two pictures and then over explain... as usual... because you cannot help your pedantic eaten up ass 😂

Off to play Gears5 now. Good night Rocky have pleasant dreams of President Biden ! 🤣
Oh yeah, somehow I had completely forgotten about the repeated fabrications of a “butthurt deranged rant” thing. That was another “Trying too hard” option.

Oh yeah, somehow I had completely forgotten about the repeated fabrications of a “butthurt deranged rant” thing. That was another “Trying too hard” option.
Just checking back between matches. See you’re still trying to spike the ball in the wrong end zone 😂

"Twitter permanently suspended an account belonging to former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon after he suggested Thursday morning that Dr. Anthony Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray should be beheaded.

His comments were made in a video posted to his Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter accounts.

Bannon falsely claimed President Trump had won reelection, despite several key states still being too close to call, and said that he should fire both Fauci and Wray.

He then said he would go further: "I'd put the heads on pikes. Right. I'd put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone."

# # #

WTF is wrong with this guy? Buh bye.

"Twitter permanently suspended an account belonging to former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon after he suggested Thursday morning that Dr. Anthony Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray should be beheaded.

His comments were made in a video posted to his Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter accounts.

Bannon falsely claimed President Trump had won reelection, despite several key states still being too close to call, and said that he should fire both Fauci and Wray.

He then said he would go further: "I'd put the heads on pikes. Right. I'd put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone."

# # #

WTF is wrong with this guy? Buh bye.
This bothering you is so f#cking funny. The insular & emotionally retarded world that you people have created to wallow in is sad and funny at the same time. I'm so glad not to be you people.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
What the hell has happened in here?

A thread about dehumanizing language in political discourse has devolved into diarrhea milkshakes and "I know you are but what am I".

Nice, and so VNPF.

Reactions: hog88 and LouderVol
This bothering you is so f#cking funny. The insular & emotionally retarded world that you people have created to wallow in is sad and funny at the same time. I'm so glad not to be you people.

Heh. Pretty confident if you posted that here, you'd similarly be banned. So, go for it dude.

For most people, words matter and have consequences. And, yeah, I'm happy to see ol' Steve Bannon get the boot, as his sphere of venomous vitriol shrinks and shrinks.

President Biden.

Just enjoy seeing that... :)

Heh. Pretty confident if you posted that here, you'd similarly be banned. So, go for it dude.

For most people, words matter and have consequences. And, yeah, I'm happy to see ol' Steve Bannon get the boot, as his sphere of venomous vitriol shrinks and shrinks.

President Biden.

Just enjoy seeing that... :)
Why would I post that here? I'm not a democrat filled with violent hate nor do I let words hurt my feelings. I also do not have an mental illness. I leave that for you people.

And President PedoJoe Biden? Makes no difference to me. The big question is who do you blame all your life's problems on now for the next 2, maybe 3 years? That is whats going to be great, to see your mental gymnastics while trying to point the finger. I look forward to it!

Why would I post that here? I'm not a democrat filled with violent hate nor do I let words hurt my feelings. I also do not have an mental illness. I leave that for you people.

And President PedoJoe Biden? Makes no difference to me. The big question is who do you blame all your life's problems on now for the next 2, maybe 3 years? That is whats going to be great, to see your mental gymnastics while trying to point the finger. I look forward to it!

Mkay. So we're cruising at 25 knots out to catch tuna right now. Have a nice day! :)

Rudy Giuliani is still a person, even when he’s drunk. That you would suggest that calling someone “drunken Rudy“ is dehumanizing is, in fact, a dehumanization of Rudy.
I dont think the dehumanization has to go to 11 to count as dehumanization. Anything that belittles an individual or reduces their implied status thru some type of mockery or comparison is lessening that person.

And y'alls tiff didnt start with Guilianni hitting up the corner liquor mart.

I dont think the dehumanization has to go to 11 to count as dehumanization. Anything that belittles an individual or reduces their implied status thru some type of mockery or comparison is lessening that person.

And y'alls tiff didnt start with Guilianni hitting up the corner liquor mart.

I disagree, but am making the disclaimer that not all of what I’m saying is not entirely relevant to the conversation you chimed in on.

The issue is dehumanizing language re: politics.

First, when an individual uses deceit, deflection, or sanctimonious shaming (a completely random example) to avoid addressing flaws in their ideas, that is no longer a good faith discussion. IMO the duty to be polite ends when bad faith begins. That’s unrelated to a person’s politics.

Second, judging people by the content of their character is perfectly acceptable. Repeated bad faith arguments and some other common occurrences here are indicative of poor character. Usually I put those people on ignore, but I would feel justified in just insulting them due to their low character. Again, only incidental to to their politics.

Third, with some people it’s just meaningless mutual combat that has been consented to. My former law partner is my best friend in the whole world and all of our conversations begin and end with insults and there’s very little else in between.

Fourth, I tend to keep most of my insults within certain boundaries. Dehumanizing or devaluing an individual’s life are things I may have done but I can only think of one instance and it involved posting while drunk.

I disagree, but am making the disclaimer that not all of what I’m saying is not entirely relevant to the conversation you chimed in on.

The issue is dehumanizing language re: politics.

First, when an individual uses deceit, deflection, or sanctimonious shaming (a completely random example) to avoid addressing flaws in their ideas, that is no longer a good faith discussion. IMO the duty to be polite ends when bad faith begins. That’s unrelated to a person’s politics.

Second, judging people by the content of their character is perfectly acceptable. Repeated bad faith arguments and some other common occurrences here are indicative of poor character. Usually I put those people on ignore, but I would feel justified in just insulting them due to their low character. Again, only incidental to to their politics.

Third, with some people it’s just meaningless mutual combat that has been consented to. My former law partner is my best friend in the whole world and all of our conversations begin and end with insults and there’s very little else in between.

Fourth, I tend to keep most of my insults within certain boundaries. Dehumanizing or devaluing an individual’s life are things I may have done but I can only think of one instance and it involved posting while drunk.
I am sitting on pins and needles trying to figure out which case you lump our exchanges into. 😬

VN Store

Back