The Flash (June 16, 2023)

The Flash - 4/5

Really enjoyable film. The first 20 minutes was what the Justice League should have had more of.

I LOL at the Eric Stoltz BTTF mention. Even though I think it went over the heads of most of the audience.

I originally wasn't a fan of Ezra Miller as the Flash but this film changed my mind and I thought he did a very good job.

I got teary eyed with that one cameo. LOL at one of the others.

I was not really a fan of the outcome of the film and the ending while hilariously funny I don't think some of the audience knew why people were laughing was not what I was expecting. It now makes sense that this film is likely a one off and won't have any connection to the DCU going forward.

The post credits scene was a waste of time. IMO

Reactions: ENGRVOL and 615vols
The Flash - 4/5

Really enjoyable film. The first 20 minutes was what the Justice League should have had more of.

I LOL at the Eric Stoltz BTTF mention. Even though I think it went over the heads of most of the audience.

I originally wasn't a fan of Ezra Miller as the Flash but this film changed my mind and I thought he did a very good job.

I was not really a fan of the outcome of the film and the ending while hilariously funny I don't think some of the audience knew why people were laughing was not what I was expecting. It now makes sense that this film is likely a one off and won't have any connection to the DCU going forward.

Was the cg as terrible as everyone is saying?

Was the cg as terrible as everyone is saying?

I never saw what people were specifically upset about and really didn't notice anything about it compared to all the other recent superhero films.

The speed effect they used for the Flash at times was basically slowing everything around him down much the way Fox did for Evan Peter's Quicksilver in the last couple of X-Men films. I can't remember what Marvel did with Quicksilver in Age of Ultron.

Reactions: 615vols
The Flash - 4/5

Definately would have been better off not including a post credit scene. It sounds like the final scene and the post credit scene was changed once Gunn took over DC or shortly before.
there is video of Keaton being filmed as Bruce Wayne at the final courthouse scene instead of Clooney likely setting up his return in the batgirl movie. When that movie got shelved likely that scene was reshot

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Just got out, I thought it was a fun movie over all. Keaton and Sasha Calle were awesome. Would love to see her return as supergirl. It was really cool seeing keatons Batman on the big screen again and doing some bada** things. Wish the humor would’ve been toned down, post credit scene was basically a waste. Some of the cameos were really cool to see.

Went with my nephew and it was surprisingly good. Ezra Miller is a flawed human being but he did a great job playing two contrasting versions of himself. Although Idiot Barry was pretty annoying for awhile.

Keaton kicked ass. Kara El was pretty dope.

Some of the cameos were very inside baseball
I imagine Nick Cage fighting a spider went over most people’s heads.

The FX is pretty wonky at times. Kinda par for the course for any movie not called Avatar of late.

Reactions: BenGrimm
And the second weekend was a 70% drop.

I'd say this is probably the final nail for the Ezra Miller Flash and good reason to totally purge anything left of the old DCEU. I know Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 is still hanging out there but my guess those are going to go quietly.

Supposedly Blue Beetle is part of the new Gunn-verse. I feel like they said that when they realized Flash was gonna be a bust.

It sucked the CGI was really bad and the story fell apart in the last 45 minutes plus Ezra makes a annoying flash and is a POS who should be in jail for his actions that were swept under the rug. The only good things was Keaton and Supergirl.

Reactions: NEO
It sucked the CGI was really bad and the story fell apart in the last 45 minutes plus Ezra makes a annoying flash and is a POS who should be in jail for his actions that were swept under the rug. The only good things was Keaton and Supergirl.

The plot was horrible. The ending basically means he didn’t save his dad either if he wants to fix the Clooney thing.

I was actually laughing in the theater during the hospital baby scene it was so bad. I couldn’t stop. Microwaves don’t stop fire. They stop waves. That moment plus them all looking like dolls and it feeling like a snickers commercial just hit me and I burst out.

Reactions: Voldog1998
Pretty sure I read that it’s wb’s biggest flop ever/biggest super hero movie flop ever. And I honestly don’t see blue beetle or aqua man 2 doing much better.
Blue Beetle looks good, and that lead actor from Cobra Kai has a big teen following. I bet it does ok.

Blue Beetle looks good, and that lead actor from Cobra Kai has a big teen following. I bet it does ok.

I’ve seen General positive buzz for Blue Beetle. My 17 year old nephew seems genuinely excited.

Just watched. It's pretty good, mostly because of the nostalgia of Batman for me. I just couldn't buy the supergirl character. Nothing against supergirl, really liked the show, just not this character. Her right scene in Russia just seemed so fake to me.

Just watched. It's pretty good, mostly because of the nostalgia of Batman for me. I just couldn't buy the supergirl character. Nothing against supergirl, really liked the show, just not this character. Her right scene in Russia just seemed so fake to me.

I agree, I'm actually a big fan of Supergirl as a character but so far in live action they just haven't got the character right. IMO

Compared to how well she has been portrayed in DC Animated series & films.

Reactions: joevol33

Blue Beetle’s $25.4 million debut falls short of the low openings delivered by two of the franchise’s biggest bombs — Birds of Prey and Shazam! Fury of the Gods — as well as Gunn’s 2021 The Suicide Squad, which actually debuted simultaneously on the Max (then HBO Max) streaming service mid-pandemic. W.B. now has four back-to-back superhero flops on its resume; before Blue Beetle, the studio released Black Adam, Shazam 2, and The Flash. The sole silver lining for the studio is the fact that Blue Beetle cost only $104 million to produce; by comparison, Black Adam was reported to have cost nearly $300 million

Blue Beetle’s $25.4 million debut falls short of the low openings delivered by two of the franchise’s biggest bombs — Birds of Prey and Shazam! Fury of the Gods — as well as Gunn’s 2021 The Suicide Squad, which actually debuted simultaneously on the Max (then HBO Max) streaming service mid-pandemic. W.B. now has four back-to-back superhero flops on its resume; before Blue Beetle, the studio released Black Adam, Shazam 2, and The Flash. The sole silver lining for the studio is the fact that Blue Beetle cost only $104 million to produce; by comparison, Black Adam was reported to have cost nearly $300 million

There needs to be some accountants fired at these studios. I don’t understand where all this money goes to make these movies. The Disney “flops” of the summer aren’t because they weren’t getting modest audiences or decent reviews, it’s because they were spending 200-300 mil to make them so 600 M box office is considered a flop.

Meanwhile movies like Oppenheimer and Barbie were 100 and 145 respectively.

Even animated movies are getting inflated budgets. The Pixar movie of the summer which got good reviews and had a steady week to week box office had a budget of over 200 M. Meanwhile Spider-verse and Mario were just 100 M and Turtles was 70 M.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
I wonder how much of Black Adam was Dwayne Johnson's contract?🤔

Just caught this on Max. I gotta agree that this fell way way short of the potential. The special effects especially for Flash himself were lame and just weird. Maybe I'm just biased after watching years of the CW Flash. The effects there just seem better. The same with the characters personality. The rest of the movie was ok I recon, Keaton's bm was cool, and Super girl was good. The whole story of how there was a super girl, but no superman didn't make a lick on sense. What flash did wouldn't have effected that in that way. Overall the movie was fair leaning towards the poor side, they could have done much better.

Just caught this on Max. I gotta agree that this fell way way short of the potential. The special effects especially for Flash himself were lame and just weird. Maybe I'm just biased after watching years of the CW Flash. The effects there just seem better. The same with the characters personality. The rest of the movie was ok I recon, Keaton's bm was cool, and Super girl was good. The whole story of how there was a super girl, but no superman didn't make a lick on sense. What flash did wouldn't have effected that in that way. Overall the movie was fair leaning towards the poor side, they could have done much better.
You can’t think too hard about multiverse stuff or it all falls apart every time. Batman’s spaghetti metaphor pretty much explained why everything was so different.

VN Store

Back