The Flu for 2020

My friend had to go to the emergency room for the flu, the charge after deductible would have been almost $1000, but ER doctor said if we call this COVID, there will be no charge
What do you think she did?

Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates

Edit: Wait... so your friend admitted a doctor asked her if she wanted to defraud the government by reporting a fake diagnosis and she agreed to do so thereby costing the government/taxpayers money?

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Not one person is listed as dying from the flu in 2020, how can that be?
The flu has killed thousand and thousand of people in other years?
The government always tell the people the truth, right?
Past Seasons Estimated Influenza Disease Burden | CDC

Here are the reported flu deaths for 2019-2020 as well as for previous influenza seasons over the past decade. 2019-2020 had less deaths from influenza than others but not the lowest this decade. The US influenza season typically peaks December through February so I think around April 1st 2020 is when they stopped counting deaths for the 2019-2020 season. Hopefully with social distancing and mask wearing this year we will have low flu numbers this season given the burden many hospitals are facing with covid.

No better than a welfare queen i guess.
I’m not even going to condemn anybody here. I think it wrong but in a year where the government is blocking people from earning wages and paying them to stay home and a Dr sees a patient needlessly confronted with a medical bill when the treatment regime is basically the same... why not?! 🤷‍♂️ Our government is run by morons that allow instances like this to easily fall thru.

I don’t even blame the Dr. He’s probably fed up with the whole environment he’s dealt with for 9 months.

I blame an idiot government paying fees without a solid validations means like a COVID test. Our government is run by morons.
Well I won't disagree with your last point

Well I won't disagree with your last point
Let’s talk about the first point some more.

A couple of years ago I go to the Dr convinced I have the flu. He tells me I have a cold go home and rest and keep up my nutrition especially fluids until I feel better.

I ask why not test me for the flu? To which he replies why? The treatment is the same and I don’t charge you for a needless diagnostic this way.

He might have skewed that years flu data🤷‍♂️

I’m not gonna judge that Dr at all for doing that person a solid.

Let’s talk about the first point some more.

A couple of years ago I go to the Dr convinced I have the flu. He tells me I have a cold go home and rest and keep up my nutrition especially fluids until I feel better.

I ask why not test me for the flu? To which he replies why? The treatment is the same and I don’t charge you for a needless diagnostic this way.

He might have skewed that years flu data🤷‍♂️

I’m not gonna judge that Dr at all for doing that person a solid.
That's a good doctor. Intentionally defrauding the government, no matter how dumb the government is, I don't find acceptable.

That's a good doctor. Intentionally defrauding the government, no matter how dumb the government is, I don't find acceptable.
I’ll give him a pass this year. I wouldn’t want to walk a mile in his shoes.

The government is supposed to put thought into these programs instead of randomly throwing **** over the wall that’s ripe for abuse. I don’t know if that was blue font or not at this point. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 508mikey

We hear a lot of these apocryphal stories about doctors/hospitals falsely reporting COVID, but most of those are "he died in a car wreck but tested positive for COVID." This one wouldn't even have a paper trail of a positive test. Sounds suspicious.

Edit: Meant to reply to @NorthDallas40 Sorry.

Reactions: volfanhill
We hear a lot of these apocryphal stories about doctors/hospitals falsely reporting COVID, but most of those are "he died in a car wreck but tested positive for COVID." This one wouldn't even have a paper trail of a positive test. Sounds suspicious.

Edit: Meant to reply to @NorthDallas40 Sorry.
You’re assuming a test was done. That’s the whole point, do you know for a fact that is a requirement on the forms? I don’t. And what administrator is going to want to square off with the Dr and question it... if they even bother to look.

Reactions: 508mikey
You’re assuming a test was done. That’s the whole point, do you know for a fact that is a requirement on the forms? And what administrator is going to want to square off with the Dr and question it... if they even bother to look.

I'm actually no test was done based on the story. I don't know if its a requirement for reimbursement.

I'm actually no test was done based on the story. I don't know if its a requirement for reimbursement.
Tell you what. I’m sure it’s an oversight but I didn’t get my $1200 wealth redistribution gubmint check yet. I’m sure it’s a mistake so I’ll just let it pay that $1000 bill and the sick person can have the rest. How’s that?

Tell you what. I’m sure it’s an oversight but I didn’t get my $1200 wealth redistribution gubmint check yet. I’m sure it’s a mistake so I’ll just let it pay that $1000 bill and the sick person can have the rest. How’s that?

That's cool with me. Good luck finding the sick friend.

That's cool with me. Good luck finding the sick friend.
I’ll put as much effort into that as the thought was put into the bull **** revenue interference and bribery programs how’s that?

The only thing we did right throwing money at was the Operation Warp Speed vaccine funding. That removed the risk element from the drug researchers and they could tilt in more. Good idea. The rest is complete knee jerk bull ****

I’ll put as much effort into that as the thought was put into the bull **** revenue interference and bribery programs how’s that?

The only thing we did right throwing money at was the Operation Warp Speed vaccine funding. That removed the risk element from the drug researchers and they could tilt in more. Good idea. The rest is complete knee jerk bull ****

Put as much effort in as you want, I doubt you'll find her. I'm not defending or opposing the stimulus. I'm sure it helped a lot of people that were hurt by ill-conceived blanket stay at home orders get by a little longer than they would have otherwise. I'm sure a lot of people bought a new TV. Either way it was lot of money to spend.

VN Store

Back