The future getting a taste.

Is Lindstrom in that pic? The big fella 56 on the left is Jesse Perry

Ha! I guess that’s why he seemed much bigger than I had envisioned. I had heard and didn’t think Lindstrom was joining the team until they got to Florida, but also thought he drew #56, thus my confusion and mistake.

I'm going to quit watching TN Vols football if Merk doesn't start against Chattanooga! How can we know what we've got unless we see him in an actual game? Coach Heupel is holding on to Nico too long! He's fixated on Nico! Give Merk a chance, he's the future!

Too soon?
lol

I bet most of them except your top ranked recruits. Them boys have trained practically their whole lives with special coaches, training, etc.
It was a different time, but in 97, I worked a fan day event before the season in Neyland and was assigned to help with the line for Leonard Little. Near him was incoming freshman Jamal Lewis. He was a full grown man. I think you see guys that age like that more now, but for me, back then, it was hard to believe he was 18. He looked NFL ready, physically. It was insane.

Ha! I guess that’s why he seemed much bigger than I had envisioned. I had heard and didn’t think Lindstrom was joining the team until they got to Florida, but also thought he drew #56, thus my confusion and mistake.
Yea, I just read he graduates Friday and will join the team after Christmas.

Reactions: TnScooby
I'm going to quit watching TN Vols football if Merk doesn't start against Chattanooga! How can we know what we've got unless we see him in an actual game? Coach Heupel is holding on to Nico too long! He's fixated on Nico! Give Merk a chance, he's the future!

Too soon?

I mean... I love Heup.

But he definitely doesn't get younger guys enough exposure to a live situation, I don't really think that's debatable.

I mean... I love Heup.

But he definitely doesn't get younger guys enough exposure to a live situation, I don't really think that's debatable.
Last year, when were up big more often, we saw plenty of second string guys.

It couldn't be that the game situations didn't allow as many subs to get in, could it? You know, like Heupel explained when asked why in his pressers.

Reactions: sami and TnScooby

VN Store

Back