The Future Of Vols Football

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 10, 2005 9:06 PM
Why not. Just don't bank on it.

yeah, but you never know. I hope that you are still posting on here so I can say I told ya so! You will have about a million post's by then.

someone said name sucessful nfl players that went and did good as coaches. who about mike ditka. by time phil gets ready to retire, manning would have been away from football for so long he would be begging to come back.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 10, 2005 9:30 PM
someone said name sucessful nfl players that went and did good as coaches. who about mike ditka. by time phil gets ready to retire, manning would have been away from football for so long he would be begging to come back.

Let me rephrase - Name one star NFL player from the "big money era" that has gone into coaching. I honestly can't think of a single one.

but the big money era only started about 6 to 10 years ago. these guys still are in the nfl. give it time, it will happen.

More like about 12,13 years ago when unrestriceted free agency came about. . . but I'd say that NFL players have done pretty well going all the way back to the early 80s... Regardless, I still can't think of a big time player that has gone into college coaching in the last 20 years.

but also remeber that peyton manning is no ordinary player. he loves tennessee. dont be surprised if he becomes a coach. i know he's rich, but everyone can use allitle bit of extra money. and could you imagine the recruits that would come to our school to be coached by the best nfl player ever. wow. but that wount be for about 20 or so years. how old is fulmer?

Fulmer is in his early 50s, so he'll probably coach another 10 years.

But I don't care how much Manning loves Tennessee, I don't see him becoming a coach. He'll probably go the Steve Young/Dan Fouts/Boomer Esiason/ Troy Aikman route and make a lot more money as a commentator. Plus, superstars usually don't make good coaches.

commentator. hahahhahahaha. you know who many people would make fun of him. thats funny. i think fulmer will coach into his 70's like bowden and patrenio. Only if he dont get fired before then.

Peyton would make a great coach. I know that Jason Witten has interest in coaching as well. I think his brother Shawn is already a low level assistant at UT, and their grandfather coached Elizabethton High for about 25 years.

Originally posted by vols2345@Feb 10, 2005 9:53 PM
commentator. hahahhahahaha. you know who many people would make fun of him. thats funny.

What's so funny about that? He's got an accent, but so do half the other jocks that they put in the booth. If Michael Irvin can get a career as a commentator . . .

peyton is a diffrent person then anyone else when it comes to football. he is like neo in the matrix, he sees something diffrent then anyone else. i could see him being a great coach, but he still has about 12 years in the nfl.

Originally posted by GAVol+Feb 10, 2005 9:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Feb 10, 2005 9:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vols2345@Feb 10, 2005 9:53 PM
commentator.  hahahhahahaha.  you know who many people would make fun of him.  thats funny.

What&#39;s so funny about that? He&#39;s got an accent, but so do half the other jocks that they put in the booth. If Michael Irvin can get a career as a commentator . . . [/quote]
Michael Irvin butchered the english language during Super Bowl post game shows like Jeff Dahmer on a free for all. Heck, he even started before the game during media day. I&#39;ll never forget, "I juz talkeked to my goo&#39; fren Emmitt Smiff...."

And I say this as a Cowboys fan and someone that is glad Michael finally saw the light and started living the right way.

He may be terrible at English, but at least that&#39;s his only problem. It&#39;s not exactly the most terrible problem to have.

I could see Peyton doing some commentary. I don&#39;t see what&#39;s wrong with it, either. I enjoy watching guys like Aikman and Marino.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Feb 10, 2005 10:47 PM
And I say this as a Cowboys fan and someone that is glad Michael finally saw the light and started living the right way.

Michael Irvin is like Ashlee Simpson. Every time you see them you wonder, "Why the hell are people paying them to do that?"

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Feb 10, 2005 9:53 PM
Peyton would make a great coach. I know that Jason Witten has interest in coaching as well. I think his brother Shawn is already a low level assistant at UT, and their grandfather coached Elizabethton High for about 25 years.

I believe his grandfather still coaches at Elizabethton. Although I&#39;m not sure.

VN Store

Back