The Houston Roughnecks have named Jarrett Guarantano the starting quarterback

Simpleton here.....

I'm sure JG tried. He just didn't need to be trotted out there every week when failure was assured. Failure of coaching as much as it was his failure.

Now, that being said-there is a glaring example of JG going off script, I would wager there are probably other examples

Weren't there also rumors of JGs dad kind of holding the payment thing over Pruitts dad to get his kid played?

You are correct, and it is quite difficult for one player to lift an entire program. (I can name a few examples but that's neither here nor there).
So, he should have refused to play when told to trot out there? Gotcha.

Do you think he is the only QB to go off script? Or just the only one you arr aware of? Remember, he did play for a guy that didnt care to throw his players under the bus. Aslo, this cosching staff was inept according to most. Going off sctipt probably seemed like a good idea most of the time.

JG played for two head coaches and 4 OCs. Im sure there were rumors because this fanbase can create, share and believe fiction about players and coaches as fast as any in the nation.

I wasn't a JG the qb fan. However, i do find it incredibly irritating to blame a young man that kept trying but was put in sh.t situations by two cosching staffs nearly everyone agrees were prettt bad at their jobs.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Cool. So, uh, uh, mmm, does it justify perpetually stomping the guy, even after he has long gone? Asking on behalf of Walter Joseph Kovacs (AKA: Rorschach).
Acknowledging that he was not and is not a good quarterback is not stomping. It is a well documented truth. He is probably a nice guy and will eventually find a career doing something that he will be really successful at. Being good at football is not a requirement for having a successful life and being happy.

Acknowledging that he was not and is not a good quarterback is not stomping. It is a well documented truth. He is probably a nice guy and will eventually find a career doing something that he will be really successful at. Being good at football is not a requirement for having a successful life and being happy.
Well, I suppose, I suppose, you insist disdain for JG must be immortalized. And so:
I promise I'll never let it go
I'll never forget the moments you sucked and blew
I will retain the memory and keep it brand new
'Cause I'll always disdain you
Over and over and over again
Over and over and over again

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He played football poorly beyond HS and college. Why do people continue to get so triggered by this?
No one is triggered, but to constantly pile onto a kid that is better than you by any stretch of the imagination is odd. He's still chasing his dream and earning a living. What have you done that is noteworthy. Are you even the top 10% of burger flippers? We all thought Nathan Peterman was trash, but he is still playing football. Coaching and scheme has a lot to do with it.

My opinion and it’s just a feeling but I think JG wanted to win and believed he had the ability to win and that he was the best option and Pruitt paid him to sign with UT and the family of JG threatened to expose Pruitt if he was benched and eventually Pruitt realized he was being fired and benched him and suddenly the accusations came out.
Your opinon is crap Pruitt didn't recruit JG...... Jones did

Cool. So, uh, uh, mmm, does it justify perpetually stomping the guy, even after he has long gone? Asking on behalf of Walter Joseph Kovacs (AKA: Rorschach).
Cool. So, uh, uh, mmm does it justify that kind of smart-assery just because people are honest about his flaws as a player in a completely non-personal, non-hate way?

Maybe the carousel of coaches had something to do with JGs failure. I also remember D linemen getting to JG one blink of the eye after the football
A carousel of coaches who had been successful elsewhere running Jones system with a mandate to customize things to JG.

Sometimes the OL was at fault. So if the OL was that bad all the time though... why did he hold the ball so long so often and fail to be good in the short passing schemes each of those coaches tried to give him?

There were other problems on those teams. i pity any UT player who had to play for Jones. But why do you guys work so hard to absolve JG of his bad play?

They ALL failed but those carousel of coaches tried to make things easy on JG. They all tried to find something that worked consistently for him. At some point... it is about the player.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Congrats to Jarrett.

It was not his fault the coaches couldn't find a better QB to replace him.

He tried his best.
JGs rating as a HS QB was always BS, go look at his HS stats. His only major commitable offer was UT and that was because BJ was friends with his dad. Coming from the same guy who said Trevor Lawrence couldn't play. JG sucks and his time here was always based off a bs system

Reactions: Big Al Orange
No "hate" involved. Only a child or a mentally stunted person thinks that objective criticism is "hate". Most children grow out of it... most.
I'm sorry you didn't grow out of it, but I wouldn't hold it against you, cause some folks can't help being what they are. I insist on liking them anyway, cause, I guess, I don't know any better. 🙃

Last edited:
JGs rating as a HS QB was always BS, go look at his HS stats. His only major commitable offer was UT and that was because BJ was friends with his dad. Coming from the same guy who said Trevor Lawrence couldn't play. JG sucks and his time here was always based off a bs system

I'm not going to look at his HS stats.

Let it go man. He wasn't a great QB but Tennessee never recruited a better one during his time here.

Blame that on Pruitt or Butch. Not a kid that came to play for Tennessee and tried hard.

I guarantee you JG not having Chris Weinke as quarterbacks coach will improve him almost instantaneously. Pruitt and his staff were the worst thing to happen to him career-wise. I wish him the best in his endeavors.
Weinke hasn't been the same since he lost his last college game. Some quarterback he beat out for the Heisman that season totally outplayed him in a battle of great defenses for the natty.

I wonder what happened to that other quarterback? He seemed smart as hell. Bet he'd have been a great coach.

VN Store

Back