The interlocking U and T logo.

It is NOT about a "keychain", OWB. It's about Tennessee's LOGO being stolen!

:nono:

I had always been told that Tennessee can market the interlocking U-T east of the Mississippi River and Texas can market it west of the Mississippi River?

i live in austin and even with all the stuff they have "borrowed" from us, i still see them as a quality team in the Big12. Have a lot of respect for this team.

Great coaching staff, no room for BS and selfish players and a good game day atmosphere. (still love going to the alumni center in my tennessee orange)

mack brown hasnt lost a single player to the NFL draft that was a junior or lower.

they have to be my second favorite UT.

Not to fuel the fire but check out the latest game day tradition they have "borrowed" from UT:

Stadium_640x480.jpg

they now run through the T. what's next? Longhorn Navy?

they say impersonation is the highest form of flattery.

Originally posted by VOL_AHOLIC@Jul 1, 2005 11:20 AM
i live in austin and even with all the stuff they have "borrowed" from us, i still see them as a quality team in the Big12. Have a lot of respect for this team.

Great coaching staff, no room for BS and selfish players and a good game day atmosphere. (still love going to the alumni center in my tennessee orange)

mack brown hasnt lost a single player to the NFL draft that was a junior or lower.

Not to fuel the fire but check out the latest game day tradition they have "borrowed" from UT:

Stadium_640x480.jpg

[snapback]109522[/snapback]​

That kinda irritates me, though. Why can't they get their OWN traditions?

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jul 1, 2005 4:55 PM
That pic make me wanna :pukeb:
[snapback]109600[/snapback]​

Your grammar makeS me want to :dlol:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jul 1, 2005 6:01 PM
Your grammar makeS me want to :dlol:
[snapback]109602[/snapback]​

Laugh it up, you'll be crying later... :angry:

Originally posted by VOL_AHOLIC@Jul 1, 2005 11:20 AM

Stadium_640x480.jpg

[snapback]109522[/snapback]​

I live in Austin too, but I tolerate the longhorns at best. I'm 100% VOL baby. I will admit they have a great all around athletic program.

Anyway, the most popular Texas ballcaps have the power T like ours, very similar other than the color of orange, and the fact that the bars on the T are squared on the bottom where ours are rounded. Its really hard to tell the difference. I worry most casual finds don't even realize I'm wearing Tennessee gear as opposed to Texas.

Texas can't hold a candle to the VOLS when it comes to pregame and during game traditions. Texas games are more like a social event, we all know at Neyland its serious freakin' business. Texas games are kind of quiet, fans sit 30 yards from the field, they show up an hour or two before the game to "tailgate." I laugh at the U Tx coworkers, many actually will admit that their gameday traditions and experience are somewhat lacking. They do have a disadvantage of few big home games since they plan OU at a neutral site.

Believe it or not, it holds 80,000+. I guess it just looks small because it's not fully enclosed.

Originally posted by U-T@Jul 6, 2005 2:17 PM
I heard it doesn't make much noise though
[snapback]110675[/snapback]​

Neyland Stadium doesn't make noise either! :ph34r:

Since this is also a grammar/writing composition thread, I couldn't resist :p

I was raised watching Longhorns games, and I still have not turned tail to them. I root them on.

Now Oregon State has a Division-II looking field...

aerial-before-lg.jpg

Hopefully the expansion will turn out good though. It already looks pretty sweet.

aerial-after-lg.jpg

I dont think Oregan State's or Texas's stadium look like dision two. Most 1-AA stadiums just have two large grand-stands on either side. When I think D-II, I think of glorified high-school stadiums.

About the logo's. As a student and someone with way too much time on his hands I know this much. The interlocking UT is only used on as a secondary logo along with the new smokey logo and the new Tennessee Vols script logo. The primary logo for the Vols is the Power T and the lady vols variation of the Power T. The old Vols logo with the star in the "O" as well as the davy crockett looking logo have been discontinued and will no longer be connected to the university. I hope this helps.
About the "Other UT". They will always be the second best UT and thats all that matters. Knoxville will always be home to the real UT and the Other UT can do all they want to imitate our traditions but its just that imitating. Next thing you know their mascot will be the "Blue tick Longhorn". It's great to be a TENNESSEE VOL!!!!!

VN Store

Back