The man who showed me the way

My grandfather loved this university and everything about it. Unfortunately he passed early Wednesday morning. I’m so thankful that he got to see the first three games of this season. He wore orange every single day of his life. He will be buried in orange and all of the Paul bearers will be wearing orange. See, I made this post because many outsiders looking in think this university is just a school, or a football team, baseball team etc. but to many of us, it’s so much more than that. So much more. Rest in peace to the man that single-handedly painted my soul Tennessee orange.
Prayers for comfort, guidance, and healing for your family.

My grandfather loved this university and everything about it. Unfortunately he passed early Wednesday morning. I’m so thankful that he got to see the first three games of this season. He wore orange every single day of his life. He will be buried in orange and all of the Paul bearers will be wearing orange. See, I made this post because many outsiders looking in think this university is just a school, or a football team, baseball team etc. but to many of us, it’s so much more than that. So much more. Rest in peace to the man that single-handedly painted my soul Tennessee orange.
Cherish the memories, live for the reunion. R.I.P.

Sorry for your loss, praying for your family

It hurts because you loved him.

May he rest in peace.

May you think of him and smile every time a student in orange scores.

Did he have a favorite sport, player, memory?

Being a Volunteer isn't just being a football fan. It's a way of life. Congrats to your grandfather for his long life and the grateful family he built. May he rest in heaven for eternity!

Really felt your post. I was raised the same way with my Dad instilling The Big Orange in me. You're right, to most of us, it's so much more. From personal experience, UT football is gonna take on an even deeper meaning for you. RIP to your Grandfather and condolences to you and your family. GO VOLS!!!

Sorry for your loss. This fanbase is just different and its hard to explain to outsiders. You just have to experience it...it just means more.

Reactions: volanatic
I can sympathize with this. My grandfather was the exact same for me. He started my passion for all things Vol related. It’s a way of life for me, and now my boys, all because of him. Lost him a few years ago and understand exact where you’re at. Wish mine could’ve lasted to see Bama go down in 22’ in Neyland but he didn’t make it. I’m sorry for your loss and the sadness it brings, but I’m happy for the joyful Orange-Clad memories you have with him and the passionate fan he turned you into! Go VOLS!

VN Store

Back