The 'MUST' wins

Recoil

Keeping the Gate
If we're all being honest, and after what we witnessed Saturday, Butch and UT MUST win the following games for a successful first season:

APSU
WKU
USA
UK
Vandy
Mizzu
Auburn

Any wins above and beyond that are bonuses. I'd count that a good first year considering the utter lack of offensive talent/experience. Agree?

Reactions: 3 people
If we're all being honest, and after what we witnessed Saturday, Butch and UT MUST win the following games for a successful first season:

APSU
WKU
USA
UK
Vandy
Mizzu
Auburn

Any wins above and beyond that are bonuses. I'd count that a good first year considering the utter lack of offensive talent/experience. Agree?

I'd say we need to win 2 out of these 3 - Vandy, Mizzou, Auburn.

Winning all the games you have listed would be a phenomenal first season. Unlikely too

Reactions: 11 people

APSU
WKU
USA
UK
Vandy
Mizzu
Auburn

Yes, I agree. I still say we lose one of these but pull an upset of SCar, Fla or Ga to get to 7 wins.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, I agree. I still say we lose one of these but pull an upset of SCar, Fla or Ga to get to 7 wins.

Are people really still predicting upsets after Saturday's game? Beating Auburn or Vandy would be an upset at this point. This is the worst Tennessee football team since probably the 70s.

Reactions: 6 people
Are people really still predicting upsets after Saturday's game? Beating Auburn or Vandy would be an upset at this point. This is the worst Tennessee football team since probably the 70s.

Agreed.

Also, don't we have to win at least 7 in order to qualify for a bowl?

Edit: USA is an FBS school. My bad.

Reactions: 1 person

Did you watch last season? We just lost to the number two team in the country at their place with probably one of the best offenses in the country, that specializes on putting up huge number. Last year it would have been even worse.

I'm not predicting upsets, but disagree Vandy should be a loss this year.

Get to 6-6, get 4 more wins that include SA, UK and Vandy, and one other team [don't care which one (Aub, Mizz, USCe)].

That is a successful season.

Butch must get this team to a bowl. Must have those extra practices and added exposure through final recruiting season.

Plus, as someone else said, TN must beat UK and vandy for it to be a successful season.

So i think my assessment (6-6, that includes wins over UK and Vandy) is a fair gauge of success for 2013.

Last edited:

APSU
WKU
USA
UK
Vandy
Mizzu
Auburn

No. I think 6-6 (with wins over UK and Vany) is success this year. (See post above).

We can beat Mizzou.....and honestly we really need to.... if only as a matter of pride.

Im worried about that game given it comes after three straigt brutal games in UGA, USCe, @ Bama.

Team may not be able to regroup for an SEC road game to MiZZu. week after trip to Bammer.

True Vandy played USCe pretty well on the road and Auburn is no pushover either! :eek:

Vandy didn't look that great y'all, but I still think they can beat us.

It was 35-10, then USCe had a brain fart with back ups for 15 total seconds, and the game was close again.

Im worried about that game given it comes after three straigt brutal games in UGA, USCe, @ Bama.

Team may not be able to regroup for an SEC road game to MiZZu. week after trip to Bammer.

I'm still in denial that Missouri is an SEC game.

I still think we can upset S. Alabama and Kentucky to get our 4 wins, we won't beat Vandy, Georgia, Auburn, S Carolina, Missou, Florida or Alabama unless Butch can pull a rabbit out of his A**.....stranger things have indeed happened though....

I still think we can upset S. Alabama and Kentucky to get our 4 wins, we won't beat Vandy, Georgia, Auburn, S Carolina, Missou, Florida or Alabama unless Butch can pull a rabbit out of his A**.....stranger things have indeed happened though....

I really hope this is a joke.

You're putting waaaaaay too much stock into the Oregon game. They were a horrible match up for us from beginning. We were 28 point underdogs for a reason. However, we actually match up pretty well against Florida if we can sustain proper QB play. I think our our defense is good enough to keep Florida in check with their offensive troubles, but we have to find our identity on offense and find some production!

Our OL could start by improving their run blocking by opening up some holes for Lane/Neal to run through! I'm expecting us to have Pig and Johnson back, so that will help out at the WR position. We simply need production from the QB position to have any chance to beat Florida. Our offense has to be able to move the football to give our defense some breaks.

You lost me at, "I Still think we can UPSET S.Alabama and Kentucky."

Most of y'all are probably too young to remember, but in 1978, we lost to Rutgers, when everyone was asking what a Rutgers was. (They had just moved up to D1 football) the next week we beat a good Notre Dame team 40-18. There's always hope!!

You are welcome to support Vandy or Alabama anytime you get ready. I think I can speak for a lot of people, you will not be missed. :hi:

Most of y'all are probably too young to remember, but in 1978, we lost to Rutgers, when everyone was asking what a Rutgers was. (They had just moved up to D1 football) the next week we beat a good Notre Dame team 40-18. There's always hope!!

That was actually 79, but yeah I remember it well.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We have got to have some of the absolutely worst fans in college football...if you are a fan, I would hate to see how you didn't support a team.

VN Store

Back