The 'MUST' wins

We're not winning Auburn unless there is a dramatic improvement on Defense and Couch/Saulsberry are back and healthy by then.

After watching Auburn come back and win late, we'll have a tough time with them, historically it seems like we always do when they roll up on our schedule. I'd like to see us win all the others the OP listed, BUT, that may be asking too much, we'll see. It's entirely possible we'll go 6-6 and bowling but it won't be easy.

At this point, I have no doubt that there will be several upset opportunities. However, right now the only possible upset is Floriduh. I have no doubt that SC, 'Bama, UGA will be favored but a lot can change between now and late November.

find 4 more wins on that schedule, doesn't matter where they come from.

SA is one
UK is another

I don't know if we should count on anything else but this is the order that I give possibility to a win:

Kandy
Missou
Auburn
USC
Florida
Georgia
Bama

Are people really still predicting upsets after Saturday's game? Beating Auburn or Vandy would be an upset at this point. This is the worst Tennessee football team since probably the 70s.

You can't judge anything by Oregon! The matchups were so bad for us. We won't face another team where we matchup so badly. We have a much better chance beating Fla UGA USC and Bama than Oregon

Last edited:
You're putting waaaaaay too much stock into the Oregon game. They were a horrible match up for us from beginning. We were 28 point underdogs for a reason. However, we actually match up pretty well against Florida if we can sustain proper QB play. I think our our defense is good enough to keep Florida in check with their offensive troubles, but we have to find our identity on offense and find some production! .

Spot on

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that the match ups against USC are pretty good and I believe that we can beat Vandy and possibly Missou on the road, but I really have a hard time believing that we can compete with Bama in "T-Town Cheater-City Alabama". That's just crazy talk. Only difference is that Oregon could have scored 90 on UT if they had kept 1st team in there. Bama will be happy with a 41-3 victory

VN Store

Back