The NCAA should just let our penalties go for paying players here is why

I mean cheating is usually defined as breaking a rule to gain an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE in a sporting contest. I mean seriously, can any sane person seriously claim that what we did resulted in any ADVANTAGE whatsoever? šŸ˜¬
I mean, would you penalize a sprinter for running the wrong direction in a 100 m dash? He broke the rules but it didnā€™t do him any good. Same thing here IMO šŸ˜‚

There isn;t much LSU can do without the NCAA, meaning they (LSU) have no information on the basketball. A referral could trigger clauses in Will Wade;s contract but not much else I can see that they can do. The football stuff is pretty well known, not much LSU could have done other than the minor violation that Coach O had with a recruit. Unless the NCAA actually has evidence on Wade, they're on the hook for the contract.

Either way, big money college sports is basically coming to a close in its present form.
LSU has sexual misconduct issues dating back for at least a decade. Their university leaders knew about the stuff that was going on and still allowed it to go on. It was a systemic issue from the top down. They also have a $50M lawsuit hanging over them in which a woman says she was retaliated against for bringing the Les Miles stuff to the university officials. It doesnā€™t look good on their end all the way around. My original point was just that we are in much better shape than them, and that is factual. It seems LSU could have done something about these issues a long time ago but turned a blind eye to it, whereas UT found out their own issues and chose to do something about it.

It's two totally different methods and reasons for payment.

A) Player or family getting paid cash (no taxes) or monetary incentives like cars or houses, to come to and play for a particular program, essentially a bribe.

B) Player getting paid royalties (getting taxed) for use of his name or likeness because he managed to make himself popular.

The skill guys will be getting all the revenue. I wonder if the NCAA will allow a RB to take his jersey revenue and split it with his linemen, or a QB with his wideouts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Alto1
LSU has sexual misconduct issues dating back for at least a decade. Their university leaders knew about the stuff that was going on and still allowed it to go on. It was a systemic issue from the top down. They also have a $50M lawsuit hanging over them in which a woman says she was retaliated against for bringing the Les Miles stuff to the university officials. It doesnā€™t look good on their end all the way around. My original point was just that we are in much better shape than them, and that is factual. It seems LSU could have done something about these issues a long time ago but turned a blind eye to it, whereas UT found out their own issues and chose to do something about it.

Generally speaking those aren't going to be NCAA issues, although it could turn into one depending on the situation. I believe there is a DOE investigation and there are lawsuits, but not sure what that has to do with the NCAA at this point.

I know there is the Will Wade thing but that has been going on 3 years, and the NCAA really hasn't turned anything over that I am aware. The three football violations, 1 of them is serious involved a booster paying for no show job for a player's parent. The other one was the stupid Odell throwing around money after the big win in the locker room. :) Personally, I thought the Odell thing was stupid and funny at the same time.

Last edited:
I donā€™t think so. I think they move on, due to the new bill. We will see.
I donā€™t think you understand NIL.
NIL is not a salary or payment drawn from your school.
It is not coaches rewarding players for playing well with a wad of cash.
It is not letting players use your credit card so recruits can have a good time at a strip club.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raebo
You must be proud to jump us with your first post?šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤”
This is what makes these forums so much fun to read. You clowns aren't " blueblood" and never will be. You're Auburn with a much better view. You will occasionally be good, but you will find a way to f$%k it up. I'm old enough to consider UT much more of a rival than AU, they're irrelevant. But, so is UT for last 20 or so yrs. Come on guys, make it a rivalry again. Maybe CNS will retire in your lifetimes.

What makes it even more fun to read is gumps who struggle with reading comprehension. And then make a post...much like yours.

This is what makes these forums so much fun to read. You clowns aren't " blueblood" and never will be. You're Auburn with a much better view. You will occasionally be good, but you will find a way to f$%k it up. I'm old enough to consider UT much more of a rival than AU, they're irrelevant. But, so is UT for last 20 or so yrs. Come on guys, make it a rivalry again. Maybe CNS will retire in your lifetimes.
Enjoy your success there gumpy...Because when its over and CNS retires and you go trying to find a coach who wants to step into those shoes I wish you the very best of luck in finding that coach because just like when the Bear died you went through several coaches who didn't work out or left to go to other schools and when you have to hire that one you all didn't want believe it will be open season on you guys like you have never seen before...So go ahead and run that mouth, what comes around goes around.

I think the NCAA is going to draw a line between a player being paid by EA Sports for his "name, image and likeness," on the one hand, and a school paying a player to come to their university, on the other.

Those are actually different things. Bet money the NCAA treats them as different, too.
yep. Getting paid for your likeness doesn't equal getting paid in order to be steered toward the school.

What we are accused of is still against the rules. This new law simply allows them to use their likeness in advertisements or similar transactions.

Schools still cant pay players....without breaking the rules.

Logically, if the NCAA is not wanting to pass new guidelines about a player getting paid for their likeness due to DOJ, it would seem like stopping schools from paying them would also be problematic.

We'll see how this plays out over the next few weeks, I can't think of an easy out. (something I mentioned 7 years ago)

Does the ā€œnew billā€ state that schools can now pay players to commit to them?

It doesn't really matter as the NCAA really can't act (or are having a hard time figuring out how they could act). The DOJ letter is the shot across the bow.

Dream on? Good song. Why would you not let it go now? They have passed the bill.šŸ¤”

I think the best we can hope for is "time served" so to speak. The violations happened when the policies and rules were in effect and we all know the NCAA likes to bully member institutions when able; makes them feel like they are in charge.

We did, seemingly, do all of the right things when we found out. That gives me hope we did enough to satisfy them. I completely agree they would be pushing kids and the university for the sins of others.

VN Store

Back