The Official #1 Tennessee vs Belmont Tuesday 5/17 Game Thread (6PM EST SEC Network +)

How long until Elander, starts getting mentioned for jobs like this? Eventually people are going to take notice of what he’s helped create with our bats.
GBO!!

Elander is the one we have to worry about, not TV (of course). You don’t have programs/seasons like this without programs coming after your assistants. Anderson is probably on his last job. But JE will be a hot commodity. I don’t think he has to start out as a head coach at a mid major like Tulane or Memphis. He will wait until he’s offered an SEC head job or one of the big Texas jobs (since he’s from there). He’ll go from assistant to big time head coach like TV did. Maybe this year, maybe next, but I think we’ll see him with his own P5 program soon. But TV will replace him with another talented assistant.

Ugh 🤦‍♂️, was thinking recently that I was hoping we could avoid the “coming after Vitello” thread this year
No one should be concerned with CTV going to Tulane. Their athletic department doesn’t have high level SEC money to pay him (I bet the school often regrets leaving the SEC decades ago). The player facilities and stadium are nice, however. FWIW, I also have a degree from Tulane, have been through their facilities and some guys are playing in Forest City this summer.

I’m surprised Jewett didn’t work out for them. Assistant under Corbin, came from a private school with higher educational standards, so thought to be a good fit. Developed lots of draft picks, but couldn’t get a consistently good team.

I bet the school’s target is Mississippi State assistant Jake Gautreau who was a three time All American at Tulane.

My concern remains Ole Miss or Florida trying to get CTV, but Ole Miss has improved the last part of the season. Schools with money, facilities and shaky seasons are who Tennessee should be concerned with.

No one should be concerned with CTV going to Tulane. Their athletic department doesn’t have high level SEC money to pay him (I bet the school often regrets leaving the SEC decades ago). The player facilities and stadium are nice, however. FWIW, I also have a degree from Tulane, have been through their facilities and some guys are playing in Forest City this summer.

I’m surprised Jewett didn’t work out for them. Assistant under Corbin, came from a private school with higher educational standards, so thought to be a good fit. Developed lots of draft picks, but couldn’t get a consistently good team.

I bet the school’s target is Mississippi State assistant Jake Gautreau who was a three time All American at Tulane.

My concern remains Ole Miss or Florida trying to get CTV, but Ole Miss has improved the last part of the season. Schools with money, facilities and shaky seasons are who Tennessee should be concerned with.

As 66 would say.

He ain’t leaving.

Yeah, the OP was joking on that and I was just saying that I hope we don't see all those threads again this year. It got out of hand with fresh rumors of TV being gone almost daily, although the circumstances were unique last year. Florida/Ole Miss would be a different story, but I'm not worried.

Back in the day when I was interviewing for academic positions, one of my other job offers was from Tulane. I like New Orleans and all, but if I had gone there I would've started the job exactly one month before hurricane Katrina, so I'm happy to have come to Knoxville... I also interviewed at Vandy and Georgia, but didn't get offers, which adds some spice to those rivalries for me, haha!

VN Store

Back