The Official #12 Tennessee vs. Cincinnati Game Thread, 12:30 PM ET, SEC Network Alt

15 & 12 is a no show?

I'm impressed by your dedication to go back and find a post made midway through the first half on a game thread. He ended up with a sneaky double-double and I am impressed.

When I made that post, he had an underwhelming first game and had like 2 rebounds a few misses. But continue digging through the game thread for posts to prove wrong lol.

I'm impressed by your dedication to go back and find a post made midway through the first half on a game thread. He ended up with a sneaky double-double and I am impressed.

When I made that post, he had an underwhelming first game and had like 2 rebounds a few misses. But continue digging through the game thread for posts to prove wrong lol.
I clicked this thread as I don’t keep up with it in the moment, your post happened to be where it refreshed to, unlucky for you I guess.

Something that just appeared in the local paper here in Cincinnati from the UC coach John Brannen:

"Tennessee's a Final Four-caliber team," Cincinnati coach John Brannen said. "Hall of Fame coach, five-star players who play extremely hard, extremely hard. I've seen two what I would call great defensive teams in my career, and it's Texas Tech at the national championship (2019), and the potential of this team. I think Coach (Rick) Barnes will get that out of them.

College basketball analysis: Cincinnati gets moral victory against Vols

He also intimated that our Vols got some home cookin' on some calls but we'll overlook that. I think UC was fouling 'cause they didn't match up athletically

Download the espn app and sign in with your YouTube tv information. Mine buffered a lot using the app on firestick but was great quality on phone. Did anybody else have this problem?
I gave up on firestick, buffering about every 30 seconds and ended up streaming at espn.com/watch on my desktop

Something that just appeared in the local paper here in Cincinnati from the UC coach John Brannen:

He also intimated that our Vols got some home cookin' on some calls but we'll overlook that. I think UC was fouling 'cause they didn't match up athletically
Honestly if the opposing team had that high of a free throw advantage against TN, 90% of us would probably insinuate the same thing, so I don’t blame him

I think most of Cincy fouls were legit fouls. A lot of them were just dumb moves. A lot of pushing underneath the basket. Their 7 footer, it seemed about all of his fouls were just stupid fouls. His 4th or 5th foul he turned away from the goal just to lower his shoulder into Fulk, I believe, was incredibly stupid. Now we may of gotten lucky with some no calls going our way, but I would have to go back and watch again to see.

I agree, he was underwhelming until the second half of the second game. Seems to have been running around like he was winded all the time. But he came up big in the second half with free throws and rebounding. We just need a true center to shade him with and give him some breaks.

I gave up on firestick, buffering about every 30 seconds and ended up streaming at espn.com/watch on my desktop
Mine did that for about the first 5-10 minutes of airtime, but then it eventually stopped, thankfully.

Honestly if the opposing team had that high of a free throw advantage against TN, 90% of us would probably insinuate the same thing, so I don’t blame him
I thought the same thing. Even said to myself, "So this is what it feels like to be Kentucky in Rupp."

He isn't wrong, either. There were some questionable calls that went in our favor, but all in all, his team just played sloppy, was too aggressive defensively and offensively (Vogt's 5th foul was absolutely stupid), and they earned the majority of the fouls that went against them.

Reactions: Vol49er
All good lol. Comment was made in the heat of the moment. Fulky came through in a big way and sealed the game. Glad he proved me wrong.
Haha...this is mainly why I stay away from these threads during the actual games. Between the drive-by posters, and the regulars who post some of the same things I say outloud, myself, the internet isn't near as forgiving and forgetful as my television screen is when I pop off in a moment of frustration.

Reactions: VEKZY
Honest question - how do folks watch the game while reading and posting to the game thread. I’ll take a peek at it during commercials and half time around bathroom and refreshment breaks. I’d miss the game if I tried to follow the thread

Honest question - how do folks watch the game while reading and posting to the game thread. I’ll take a peek at it during commercials and half time around bathroom and refreshment breaks. I’d miss the game if I tried to follow the thread

Usually I post during a break in action or because it’s college basketball I can post when some lame offense spends 20 seconds throwing the ball around the perimeter and not do anything.

I've had to listen to Bob and Bert for the first 2 games, so it's a lot easier to post while listening

VN Store

Back