The Official #18 Tennessee @ Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, ESPN

I don't think its just IQ. This team really doesn't have big time talent. JJJ a 5 star in HS really a 2 star with no offensive game. Fulky just not strong inside. This team lacks talented BIGS.
Are you saying there is a problem with recruiting? I’ll get some popcorn and watch them come after you. :)

As bad as we have played on offense...how many times have we been hit on a shot and it hasn't been called? I've counted at least 5.

We're just not talented this year. Our front court is b-a-d and our guards are limited. That makes for a weak team. Our most dependable scorer
doesn't yet have a basket! We're 8-16 from the free-throw line--which is embarrassing. Plasvic steps to the line for 2 and clangs both; that is not acceptable. You've been in a freakin' major college program for three years, make at least 1 FT FFS. Two guys whom we thought would be good from the 3-line this year--Powell and Bailey--have each played 11/12 minutes tonight and neither has even taken a shot. And of course Bailey doesn't much play anymore and has surely lost his confidence. The only freshman we get any contribution from is tiny. We're just a very offensively challenged team. Given how weak we are inside, Barnes should be playing Powell and Bailey more and we should just start jacking more 3s, IMO. Barnes likes to work the clock, typically, before a shot--and so we spend 25 seconds passing the ball around and...nothing. You might as well take your chances firing 3s.

Look, for all the negativity I've shown posting about this game, I hope Tennessee can pull off this comeback and make me eat my words. I would love nothing more than to see the Vols dig out of this hole.

7 min too late trying to speed the game up... Should have been the game plan from tipoff... But Pearl isnt the coach anymore

VN Store

Back