The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

Here I am stupidly thinking that Illinois might be the first team able to give UConn a close game and make it worth watching. Dumb of me. Another game where the team seems almost scared to play them.

It's a pitiful display of offense. Scared has to be why they would miss that many open shots in a row. It doesn't explain the defense.

Bama has more head-to-head wins versus TN, Sweet 16s, SEC Tournament championships, and as many SEC regular season titles as TN has. Georgia and USCjr aren’t close to TN/Bama.
They historically have been a good but not great basketball team. I just don't see them as an arch rival. Just a basic SEC rival. In that group some programs some are better than others but the rivalry level seems about the same. We are not obsessed with beating them like we are Kentucky. That's a true arch rival.

For the game, Illinois missed 50 shots .... They were 17-67.

Terrence Shannon was a complete non-factor. He was only 2-12 from the field.

Yeah Illinois played scared and shot like crap, but UConn went 3-17 from three, and still won by 25. They are elite all around. They are all but a shoe in for the final. And it will take a crazy effort for whatever team that makes it there to beat them.

VN Store

Back